Prospect Info: Prospect Rating #7 (2024 Version)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Who do you rank as the Penguins #7 Prospect?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Ponomaryov won #6.

Vote for who you think is the Penguins #7 prospect.

Poll closes in 2-4 days, unless voting is not close.

Results so far:

#1 Yager 92.6% (called early)
#2 Blomqvist 70.9% (called early)
#3 Pickering 55.7% *
#4 Koivunen 54.3%
#5 Murashov 66.7% (called early)
#6 Ponomaryov 64.5% *

* = I asked people to change votes to avoid a runoff

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Tanner Howe over Ilyin who is signed where Ilyin is not and over seas. The upside is there, and Ilyin has up his value to where he was picked, Howe, has that upside from the start.

Reactions: steelcityassault

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Ilyin was more productive than Ponomarev last was in the KHL despite being a year younger than Ponomarev was at that time. .47 PPG at 19 vs. .14 PPG at 20.

Pieniniemi was an 8th d-man at the same age in a slightly weaker league.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
As I stated earlier, I think Pono, Ilyin, Howe, Brunicke are all about the same level of "prospect" and potential for being an NHL player in their role.

I'm giving Ilyin the nod here because of his .5ppg KHL performance last year at 18. Again, pretty rare for a kid to do that. He's the only one with professional experience at the moment and no one else drafted blew away their junior leagues enough to overshadow Ilyin's KHL season.

Ilyin vs Pono was tough. This one should be easy. The next couple after this will get tough and I assume will come down to personal preference or stats.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
It's cool that one of Howe, Brunicke, Poulin or Broz won't crack the top 10.
It’s going to be Broz because I’m the only one voting for him lol…I think that’s a mistake…hope he proves all of you wrong

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Ilyin then Howe next. Poulin is not a top 10 prospect in this organization

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Ilyin was more productive than Ponomarev last was in the KHL despite being a year younger than Ponomarev was at that time. .47 PPG at 19 vs. .14 PPG at 20.

Pieniniemi was an 8th d-man at the same age in a slightly weaker league.
If Ilyin does it again or more he’ll be my 2nd prospect here next summer. Can’t quite get on the train yet with his skating.

Would love to see him against his peer group.

Reactions: Andy99

Kasperi kapanen

Jul 23, 2014
Ilyin then Howe next. Poulin is not a top 10 prospect in this organization
Now that’s just ridiculous. You could argue that Poulin is still top 5. The dudes ready for the NHL, he just needs more than 3mins of ice time on the 4th line.

KareemTrustfund

Domiking Simon
Jun 19, 2012
I think Lucius is getting overlooked a bit. I still have Poulin , Brunicke, Howe over him but he’s been better than Broz in college. He’s certainly better than Plante, Tankov etc. Broz has more draft pedigree I suppose but his first two college years were not promising and he finally had the same production in his third year the Lucius had in his first two.

Poulin
Brunicke
Howe
Lucius
Broz
Pieniniemi

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Is it? Or does it speak to the foolishness of Penguins fans and prospects at this point?

There's absolutely no reason Illyin should be above Poulin.

I can think of 3 reasons

1. Alphabetical
  2. It disagrees with your view
IMG_0010.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: Gurglesons

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Poulin only has this stigma because of how he's been used when up. Sullivan uses him like Acciari and that's unfortunate. Always felt Poulin should be moved for his own sake because he will never have any chance at an nhl job under this coach.

Reactions: Gurglesons

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I think Poulin is a good player and I want him to do well- I just fear success for him in the league looks similar to how ZAR did in the NHL. Smart, uneventful, vanilla.

Reactions: Andy99

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
I think Lucius is getting overlooked a bit. I still have Poulin , Brunicke, Howe over him but he’s been better than Broz in college. He’s certainly better than Plante, Tankov etc. Broz has more draft pedigree I suppose but his first two college years were not promising and he finally had the same production in his third year the Lucius had in his first two.

Poulin
Brunicke
Howe
Lucius
Broz
Pieniniemi
Typically I’m not a hot takey, speculative guy but here’s one

Lucius a flight risk IMO

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Part of the reason I’m in no rush to vote Poulin is because I think it’s become clear this coach/staff doesn’t think highly of him therefore he’s never going to get a real chance.

They called up guys like Gruden, Koppanen and Johnstone over him. Signed Poolparty, traded for Bemstrom, claimed Harkins and Phillips over seeing what he could do. Puustinen officially leapfrogged him last year. He’s going to be 24 soon. He’s already missed out on a ton of crucial development time. I just don’t see it anymore here. His best chance is to get moved, and even then it may be too late.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad