Pre-Game Talk: Prospect Challenge (Rookie Tournament) September

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Early speculation on potential roster:

Not Attending:
This will include all players who are going to be playing in the NCAA next season or in the future, and those who will be playing in Europe. This includes:
Tyler Kleven, Tyson Dyck, Stephen Halliday, Oliver Johansson, Filip Nordberg, Cameron O'Neill, Oskar Pettrsson, Kevin Reidler and Theo Wallberg

Possibly Attending:

This includes NCAA prospects who might turn pro this offseason and European players that might play in North America this season. This list includes:
Jakov Novak, Luke Loheit and Tomas Hamara

Likely Attending:
This includes pro prospects and prospects playing in the CHL. This list includes:
Tyler Boucher, Roby Jarventie, Shane Pinto, Jake Sanderson, Ridly Greig, Zack Ostapchuk, Angus Crookshank, Viktor Lodin, Philippe Daoust, Mark Kastelic, Egor Sokolov, Cole Reinhardt, Jacob Bernard-Docker, Lassi Thomson, Maxence Guenette, Mads Sogaard, Leevi Merilainen, Kevin Mandolese, Ben Roger, Carson Latimer and Chandler Romeo

Other could include AHL players Matthew Wedmand and Xavier Bernard as well as development camp invites Kyle McDonald, Zakary Lavoie and Zachary Massicotte.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Early speculation on potential roster:

Not Attending:
This will include all players who are going to be playing in the NCAA next season or in the future, and those who will be playing in Europe. This includes:
Tyler Kleven, Tyson Dyck, Stephen Halliday, Oliver Johansson, Filip Nordberg, Cameron O'Neill, Oskar Pettrsson, Kevin Reidler and Theo Wallberg

Possibly Attending:
This includes NCAA prospects who might turn pro this offseason and European players that might play in North America this season. This list includes:
Jakov Novak, Luke Loheit and Tomas Hamara

Likely Attending:
This includes pro prospects and prospects playing in the CHL. This list includes:
Tyler Boucher, Roby Jarventie, Shane Pinto, Jake Sanderson, Ridly Greig, Zack Ostapchuk, Angus Crookshank, Viktor Lodin, Philippe Daoust, Mark Kastelic, Egor Sokolov, Cole Reinhardt, Jacob Bernard-Docker, Lassi Thomson, Maxence Guenette, Mads Sogaard, Leevi Merilainen, Kevin Mandolese, Ben Roger, Carson Latimer and Chandler Romeo

Other could include AHL players Matthew Wedmand and Xavier Bernard as well as development camp invites Kyle McDonald, Zakary Lavoie and Zachary Massicotte.

Really want to see how Crookshank bounces back from injury. He was dynamite coming out of college hockey and looked poised to make a weak Sens team last year. He's up against it this year with our newly acquired depth, but I want to see if he can make an impression. Might allow us to move him into the lineup at the expense of a more expensive player.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Based on Rafi's report on who might be attending the tournament, I wonder how the lines will look?

Jarventie - Lodin - Sokolov
Daoust - Pinto - Crookshank
Ostapchuk - Greig - Boucher
Reinhartd - Kastelic - McDonald/Latimer

Sanderson - Thomson
Hamara - JBD
Romeo - Roger/Guennette

Sogaard - Mandolese/Merilainen

Reactions: Cosmix

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Based on Rafi's report on who might be attending the tournament, I wonder how the lines will look?

Sanderson - Thomson
Hamara - JBD
Romeo - Roger/Guennette

Looks very unfair in Ottawa’s favour, disgusting line-up for the AHL let alone the rookie tournament lol.

Emrasie

Mar 13, 2019

Sanderson - Thomson
Hamara - JBD
Romeo - Roger/Guennette

This 3rd line , love it.

Reactions: Yak

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016

Sanderson - Thomson
Hamara - JBD
Romeo - Roger/Guennette

Pinto had chemistry with Sokolov in the rookie tournament last season so I could see them playing together. Lodin is a winger so it is unlikely he would be playing center. I think the forward core would look more like this:

Lodin-Pinto-Sokolov
Ostapchuk-Greig-Boucher
Jarventie-Kastelic-Crookshank
Reinhardt-Daoust-Latimer

There are usually some age limits or pro experience limits on these tournaments so some of those guys might not even be there. Sokolov, Kastelic and Reinhardt have now played two seasons in the AHL so they might not be there. Lodin is older and played in the SHL and a few games in the AHL so he may or may not be there. Crookshank and Pinto have some pro experience but missing last season with their injuries likely makes them exempt.

If Novak and Loheit decide to go pro instead of going back to the NCAA then they will be on the roster and it is unclear if that means that some of the older pro prospects won't be there. But at this point there hasn't been anything announced so they are likely not going to be there.

The whole covid thing has disrupted typical operations so it is unclear what that means for this tournament. Typically, most pro prospects wouldn't be there as this tournament is supposed to help set up prospects for NHL training camps. But even our most experienced pro prospects have only played a season and a half in the AHL so they might still be eligible.

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.

Sanderson - Thomson
Hamara - JBD
Romeo - Roger/Guennette

Lodin is going to destroy this tournament.

Reactions: StoicSensFan

BoardsofCanada

Aug 26, 2009
G.T.A.
I am excited for this. I am about 90 min. drive to the border. I'll probably catch the Sens rookies twice and give you guys a report of my "expert" scouting. Fingers crossed Sandy will be there as well as guys like Greig, Lassi, and JBD.

ChurchOfAlfie

Dec 4, 2016
Weirdly, Pittsburgh has joined the tournament, but will only play one game.

Buffalo will be streaming their games, including against Ottawa, on their website for the local market. So with a VPN at least one sens game should be available. Monday 1:30 puck drop though.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I'm looking forward to seeing Crookshank. A bit forgotten here with the injury but he is a really good young player who plays hard and has a ton of skill.

I think he has an outside shot at making the team if Kelly doesn't have the best camp.

Reactions: Emrasie

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I'm looking forward to seeing Crookshank. A bit forgotten here with the injury but he is a really good young player who plays hard and has a ton of skill.

I think he has an outside shot at making the team if Kelly doesn't have the best camp.
I think Crookshank is far more than a 4th line grinder,Kelley would likely beat him out for that role as he seems to be a bit of an expert in that role

Reactions: aragorn

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
I think Crookshank is far more than a 4th line grinder,Kelley would likely beat him out for that role as he seems to be a bit of an expert in that role

Only so many spots available. Unless someone is traded for a Dman but I think ultimately anyone who has the best camp should get the spot.

And I love Kelly, I was one of the few here pumping his tires before he started to put up some points.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Only so many spots available. Unless someone is traded for a Dman but I think ultimately anyone who has the best camp should get the spot.

And I love Kelly, I was one of the few here pumping his tires before he started to put up some points.
Its nice to have depth,if Kelley gets beat out then we will have an even better 4th line energy player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad