Prospect Camp 09-11 July

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
Sun Belt
Glad I've been voted down on Murphy, but like I said I was behind the goal as far from him as possible, too busy watching Gormley, Domi, Samuelsson and Lessio fight right in front of me to notice much of what he was doing.

How much do we think Murphy / Gormley doing well drops the price DM wants for defensemen (assume it's Klesla or Morris, but who knows)? Is everyone in agreement that the Pirates are stuck until things shake out, or will pressure from Portland make like a volcano and force DM to unstick them?

OOEEL

Apr 9, 2012
Arizona
I want to drink bleach/lick a cheese grater for saying this but for the second day in a row Murphy looked fantastic. I think he may have even edged Gormley at some points over the last two days.

Lessio stood out to me more and while I made sure to focus on Domi he didn't dazzle as much today. Samuelsson looked like a tank out there which was exciting to see.

Did anyone pay attention to any of the goalies? I was too busy rooting for the puck to go in the net to focus on them stopping it haha.

If I had to do a top five prospects based on my observations it'd probably go something like this:

1. Murphy
2. Gormley
3. Domi
4. Samuelsson
5. Lessio

Jagged Ice

Jul 10, 2011
Central Phoenix
Agree about Domi not as impressive as day one or two but clearly the best prospect imo by a mile. I don't buy for a minute Domi being 5'10". I bet he's 5'6. He's really short but his height will never stunt his play. He's just that amazing. A wrecking ball with precision skating who never loses the puck when he has it. He's always deking and wins his faceoffs. Samuellson and Lessio really impressed. I really liked the play of center Phillippe Halley from Quebec. If he wasn't so small though.
1 Domi
2 Samuelsson
3 Lessio
4 Murphy
5 Gormley
6 Melinda
7 Reider
8 Halley
9 Larraza (Scottsdale)
10 Tikkinen
Of the group my guess is Samuelsson makes the team as that power forward position is available. He's ready for it too.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
So Gormley is apparently off to Calgary with Powers to train until camp starts. Rieder too. Seems like they are making the strength coach available to prospects all summer long. Is this something new they are doing?

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
So Gormley is apparently off to Calgary with Powers to train until camp starts. Rieder too. Seems like they are making the strength coach available to prospects all summer long. Is this something new they are doing?

There was a video here a little while ago about Gosbee's house getting flooded up in Calgary. Powers along with a few other Yotes personal have gone up there to help him out. I'm sure after the camp Powers went back up there and a few Coyotes went with him to lend a hand.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I'm sure after the camp Powers went back up there and a few Coyotes went with him to lend a hand.

Powers actually has a gym or whatever called Human Dynamix that specializes in hockey players in Calgary. So that's why they happened to be up there.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Does anyone think that we could have 3 100+ pt guys in juniors next season?

Domi I think is due to get 100+, I would think Samuelsson would also eclipse the mark and the longshot is Dauphin, but now that he'll be considered "the man" on his team, I think he'll get it done.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad