Prospect Camp 09-11 July

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
I went to the camp today. Must say, Domi has to be one of the top 5 forward talents to ever put on a Coyotes sweater that I've seen. Kolanos, Briere, Nagy, Berezin, Roenick, a few others might be in that consideration. Some of the the moves he made were unreal and you could just tell he was ooozing hockey sense. Real exciting stuff.

I also noticed The Don and Tip having a real deep conversation. Lot of hand gestures and firm body language kind of came out of nowhere after they were taking a real hard look at Gormley and Murphy. Probably nothing but interesting to watch.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I went to the camp today. Must say, Domi has to be one of the top 5 forward talents to ever put on a Coyotes sweater that I've seen. Kolanos, Briere, Nagy, Berezin, Roenick, a few others might be in that consideration. Some of the the moves he made were unreal and you could just tell he was ooozing hockey sense. Real exciting stuff.

I also noticed The Don and Tip having a real deep conversation. Lot of hand gestures and firm body language kind of came out of nowhere after they were taking a real hard look at Gormley and Murphy. Probably nothing but interesting to watch.

Positive/excited conversation?

Desert Ice 11

I'm here!
Aug 9, 2012
Tempe

To bad there isn't a video for people that couldn't make it.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix

Hrm, I don't remember either one of Tip or Maloney being at the sessions I went to the last few years,

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
Positive/excited conversation?

Would say they were almost disagreeing more so. I could be wrong. Nothing heated just they were all grouped with like 7 or 8 guys. Treliving, Knickle, and a few other guys faces I recognize but I'm not sure what their names are. They stepped away from the group and appeared to be having a deep discussion. I was just thinking to myself how much I wanted to listen in on that. There did seem to be a lot of attention every time Domi touched the puck. Samuelsson, Lessio, Gormley and Murphy as well. Maybe they were talking about those guys.

Couple pics I took crappy quality...

Attachments

• photo-2.JPG
    photo-2.JPG
    68.9 KB · Views: 33
  • photo-3.JPG
    photo-3.JPG
    59.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
Samuelsson was excellent at the end when they were running a two on two drill in the corner. Was just dragging people to the net and showing soft hands in tight. He kind of reminds me of Corey Perry in that regard. I would say he probably has the best shot in camp. Even when he wasn't scoring he was still beating goalies.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
I swear I remember someone use to post videos of these camps on here a couple years ago.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Poor Max Domi has to get used to these vague Phoenix media questions...

"This is a hard forechecking team, how do you feel about that?"

Kid had to do everything in his power not to laugh out loud.

He literally did LOL at 7:30 when McLellan asked him if he'll feel more like an NHL player when he gets to NHL camp. Like he's already been invited.

It's great. You worry about media pressure, I feel like it's worse in London. Very well prepared kid. He's not going to say anything but "work hard. help the team win". Haha.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Suffered from some equally dumb questions during the Dbacks game just now. But hey, free press, right?

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Lol he got a bit impatient but I got a very good vibe from that kid.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I might be able to take some video tomorrow. But I think the Coyotes website will have some later anyway.

kingbrutis

Jul 21, 2005
Just watched the Domi interview. All the ***** that said he looked sad to be a Coyote, have no clue. He seem elated to be with us!

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Just watched the Domi interview. All the ***** that said he looked sad to be a Coyote, have no clue. He seem elated to be with us!

Outside of the GDT saying it all over the place, I've yet to see him look anything but ecstatic to be in the NHL. Really seems to be enjoying himself.

I also love that they took the players to the D-back's game. Start getting their names/faces out there.

kingbrutis

Jul 21, 2005
Outside of the GDT saying it all over the place, I've yet to see him look anything but ecstatic to be in the NHL. Really seems to be enjoying himself.

I also love that they took the players to the D-back's game. Start getting their names/faces out there.

Cross promoting is always a good idea. I really expect alot more promotions this year. LeBlanc should bring some much needed experience in that area to the table.

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
F it, I'm taking today and tomorrow off work and making the two hour drive up from Tucson to get a look at some future coyotes (now that there's a future.)

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I'm going up today to take a look at the boys as well.

I know that Max is going to look good as well as Samuellson, but I'm more interested to see where Lessio, Reider and what Murphy looks like given the abundance of injuries he's sustained over the course of the last 3 years.

PHX FireBirds18

Jul 20, 2006
I'm going up today to take a look at the boys as well.

I know that Max is going to look good as well as Samuellson, but I'm more interested to see where Lessio, Reider and what Murphy looks like given the abundance of injuries he's sustained over the course of the last 3 years.

He looked really good yesterday. Personally I like what I see every time I get a look at him. If he can ever shake that injury bug I see him comparable to someone like Rosival. Big body not fast but mobile. Blocks shots, good active stick, knows how to get the puck on net. Solid simple breakout pass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad