Pro Tank Thread "You said that we'd be better now, better now. But you always let us down."

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
By next season Hughes will know enough about the Canucks org to warn away his little brother.

A) No he won't. He doesn't even play here yet.
B) There's a good chance this team undergoes a ton of managerial change if we suck that much.
C) It's not like Jack can really do anything if we draft him anyways.

Reactions: Jack Burton

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
:biglaugh:

imgur_9CUtI.gif

It didn't work out under Benning did it?

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
Also yes, I agree that Kakko should absolutely be in consideration for 1OA if he keeps tearing into Liiga like this.

Agreed, but if the Canucks end up winning the lottery, there’s basically zero chance that they’ll take him over Jack Hughes. If there ever was one thing that could lift Vancouver from the ashes of 2011, it’s the marketability of Jack and Quinn......and then being handed the torch from Henrik and Daniel.

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
Cozens with a hatrick last night. 7p in 3 games.

Krebs with 7 points in 2 games.

This draft is so good at the top.

Hughes
Kakko
Cozens
Krebs
Dach
Broberg
Russian dude.
Byram
Turcotte

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
Was listening to a hockey podcast few weeks ago with Luke Fox(SN reporter) as the guest.
Luke said he was at a summer event that features a couple nhl stars and prospects.
Hughes brothers and Debrincat was there, he said that he asked Debrincat how does Jack Hughes look compare to McDavid.
Apparently Debrincat respond “ Oh yeah, he skates sort of like Connor.”

......Oh Gosh

M2Beezy

Love ya Grubster
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Will wait for a few games to see how the teams does before joining team Tank again tho looks likely. Excited for the prospects Benning has put together but not a fan of some of his recent singing after he had like a year and a half of good moves. Kinda thinking is Schaller really pushing Archie to be better? And if the diffy is not much then perhaps we shouldnt have gone after Schaller. And not really too sure what the big benefit to Beagle is at this point but maybe we will know more after a few months. I will be PATIENT before deciding unlike all the panicy fans some of you are you KNOW who Im talking about

Jack Burton

Pro Tank Since 13
Oct 27, 2016
Pork Chop Express
And so it begins. Here's hoping for a good trashing by the Flames to open the season.

This is probably the most important Tank year of them all because the farther we get away from Jack Hughes, the price only goes up.

We gotta be the worst team in the league this year.

Reactions: y2kcanucks

Horse McHindu

They call me Horse.....
Jun 21, 2014
And so it begins. Here's hoping for a good trashing by the Flames to open the season.

:shakehead:

I mean, I realise that this is the tank thread and all, but man.......

this is NOT what being a fan is about. At all. I wonder what guys like Tiger Williams, Tom Larsheid, and Jim Robson would think if they saw this kind of mindset.

"Hey guys - lets hope that our team gets smoked tonight! Go Flames!!!"

I won't comment on this again [sorry mods], but I just can't help but wonder what's going through people's heads with this type of mindset. Lottery picks or not.

Cheering against your own team defeats the spirit of brotherhood and competition.

Meh. To each their own. I'll never understand this mindset. At all.

clunk

Dec 10, 2015
I'm gonna..
:shakehead:

I mean, I realise that this is the tank thread and all, but man.......

this is NOT what being a fan is about. At all. I wonder what guys like Tiger Williams, Tom Larsheid, and Jim Robson would think if they saw this kind of mindset.

"Hey guys - lets hope that our team gets smoked tonight! Go Flames!!!"

I won't comment on this again [sorry mods], but I just can't help but wonder what's going through people's heads with this type of mindset. Lottery picks or not.

Cheering against your own team defeats the spirit of brotherhood and competition.

Meh. To each their own. I'll never understand this mindset. At all.

Having a terrible team is the easiest way to get your incompetent front office fired and a chance at Jack Hughes.

Wins only hurt the Canucks this season.

You could argue that wins will have a positive impact on the kids, etc, but I think the young players realize this team is going to be bad and are mentally prepared for it. It's not like this season will be coming out of left field for these guys. We are a worse team on paper than last year's worst team in the league.

Reactions: racerjoe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad