GDT: Preseason match: Calgary Flames vs Vancouver Canucks at 2am BST

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I wouldn't be surprised to see Klapka on the roster come Oct 9. and Rooney and Duehr playing for the Wranglers.

Last edited:

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I wouldn't be surprised to see Klapka on the roster come Oct 9. and Rooney and Duehr playing for the Wranglers.
I think it comes down to who they think is ready to play center at the NHL level. Do they think Klapka can? Duehr? Pospisil? Zary?

As it stands Rooney, Backlund and Kadri are our only established centers. With Zary, Pospisil, Sharangovich, Klapka and Duehr that can play C.

I can't speak for Huska, but if we only run 13 forward (like I expect), I want that 13th forward to be able to play C and I do not want a waiver exempt player as the 13th forward. Which for me means Rooney or Duehr should be the 13h forward.

What I want to see is:

Sharangovich - Kadri - Kuzmenko
Huberdeau - Zary - Mantha
Coleman - Backlund - Coronato
Pelletier - Pospisil - Lomberg
x: Rooney

but I think Coronato gets sent down because they see Pospisil as the best fit between Huberdeu and Mantha, and they will want him to play big minutes rather than play on the 4th line. So what I expect is:

Huberdeau - Pospisil - Mantha
Zary - Backlund - Coleman
Pelletier - Klapka - Lomberg

but as it stands, I think certain players are set for certain spots.

__________ - Kadri - Kuzmenko
Huberdeau - ________ - Mantha
__________ - Backlund - Coleman
__________ - __________ - Lomberg
x: __________

Sharangovich, Zary, with Pospisil have spots in the everyday lineup, and Pelletier being a lock for either the 4th line or the extra forward as I don't think they risk him on waivers. Leaving Klapka, Rooney, and Coronato fighting for the final 2 roster spots

Yepthatsme

Oct 25, 2020
mantha is quickly going to be the whipping boy. Guy gives no f***s
It’s pre-season, established NHLers are allowed not to care. Although everything about his playstyle will rile up this board. Regardless of if he scores 25-30 or not. His play has always looked lackadaisical even when he’s at his most effective.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
Klapka is an NHLer. Not an everyday one, but he is an NHL talent.
Which is why he should be sent down. Build more consistency and discipline, while being the top C or RW on the team. Then maybe he's ready to play everyday when he's no longer waiver exempt

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
What I want to see is:

Huberdeau - Zary - Mantha
Coleman - Backlund - Coronato
Pelletier - Pospisil - Lomberg

I really hope the lineup ends up this way. I think thats a 4th line you could play 10-12min even strength and be fine with it. Pops and Pelle will get special team time to bump up their minutes. We also know injuries are a matter of if not when.

Lunatik

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 12, 2012
I really hope the lineup ends up this way. I think thats a 4th line you could play 10-12min even strength and be fine with it. Pops and Pelle will get special team time to bump up their minutes. We also know injuries are a matter of if not when.
This is a little off the wall, but I'd also be good with flipping Coronato and Lomberg if that line is getting 10min+ and Coronato is on PP2.

I also never considered this at the time but in some of the interviews Huska has discussed 4th liners getting extra time on the PP and PK, so maybe Coronato is more of a 4th line option than I was thinking last night

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad