Post-Game Talk: Preseason GM06 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Canucks def. Oilers | 4-1 (Hughes, Soucy, Bains, DeBrusk)

moiderer

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver
Bains still isn't a burner but his work rate looks really good and he's strong on the puck. Would love a guy on the 4th line who doesn't have stone hands.

I can see Raty going down when Suter returns; Bains doesn''t have much left to prove in the AHL but Raty could still take time to light it up.

bbud

Sep 10, 2008
BC
If you had told me this is the player Podz would become after we drafted him, I would have never believed you. The dude is literally barely a fourth liner. I would have bet money he would at least become an impact third liner
Don't tell coiler fans lol

• Haha
Reactions: Bgav

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Bains still isn't a burner but his work rate looks really good and he's strong on the puck. Would love a guy on the 4th line who doesn't have stone hands.

I can see Raty going down when Suter returns; Bains doesn''t have much left to prove in the AHL but Raty could still take time to light it up.

Bains is having an excellent game - fine time to have his best game as a spot on the roster is on the line.

Raty and Aman are probably in direct competition with one another. IMO, Aman has looked stronger tonight, although Raty has had the better camp, IMO.

Injuries depending, they might all start the season up here.

settinguptheplay

Classless Canuck Fan
Apr 3, 2008
If you had told me this is the player Podz would become after we drafted him, I would have never believed you. The dude is literally barely a fourth liner. I would have bet money he would at least become an impact third liner
I think Podz is a prime example of development gone wrong. Spent time in the KHL getting near zero playing time. Never spent a single year with a single team. Came to NA and straight into the NHL. He should have spent the bulk of 2 years in the AHL.

Reactions: quat and Bgav

moiderer

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver
Bains is having an excellent game - fine time to have his best game as a spot on the roster is on the line.

Raty and Aman are probably in direct competition with one another. IMO, Aman has looked stronger tonight, although Raty has had the better camp, IMO.

Injuries depending, they might all start the season up here.
Aman probably sticks due to waiver eligibility and is probably 13F once both Joshua and Suter return. Which is fine, I understand the distaste because of the uninspiring upside but he's much safer than a Dries.

Was never productive at any league besides the U18 tourneys which accounted for 100% of his draft stock. Love the kid but he never got in a position to settle and build his game. Bains is about the same age, stewed in the W, joined the AHL around the same time and basically lapped Podz.

AwesomeInTheory

A Christmas miracle
Aug 21, 2015

I would, given the 'drafting guru' we had.

Reactions: Bgav

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad