Post-Game Talk: Preseason GM06 | Vancouver Canucks vs Edmonton Oilers | Canucks def. Oilers | 4-1 (Hughes, Soucy, Bains, DeBrusk)

AlainVigneaultsGum

Holidays in two days
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2012
Calgary, AB
by himself?

1000062040.jpg

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Silovs is a weird one. Seems to be hard to beat in close and from the slot. Struggles mightily with point shots.
Woodley was saying that because he struggled in that specific series with some of those, that’s going to be his rep now and he’ll take blame on point shots that aren’t even his fault. Like in that loss a few games ago where he gave up 3 point shots, he said the guys in front were essentially awful / lost on all but one of those.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
Other side note: For as much as I find myself questioning Silovs, he was better than Skinner in that series.

We just didn’t have enough good offensive players to capitalize.

He can’t skate. Anything where he’s got to move a ton, he loses his footing SO easily.

It’s why I’m a big fan of the forward acquisitions they made. Pushes Suter down, and his line gets quicker w Heinen. DeBrusk and Sprong (if he works out)… not even close there.

Sherwood on the fourth line, maybe Raty elevates himself by the end of the season so Blueger is on the 4th line and that’s another element.

If we come up against them again (assuming health & us acquiring another top four D), I like our chances a lot more than I did last year.
Only if they upgrade the Forbort spot, IMO.

Reactions: Peen

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Draisaitl and Skinner on a line together is going to be a defensive nightmare. Neither of them care to try and defend

thecupismine

Apr 1, 2007
Sprong's been a bit of a bozo today. Doesn't seem to have as much offensive awareness as I thought he would.

Could be because it's new linemates, and I also haven't watched much of the preseason outside of that period. Passes are off and he's out of position in the offensive zone. Not surprised the goal came when he was off the ice.

Debrusk on the other hand is solid. It's nice to see Petey with someone who can make a pass again instead of just constantly dumping it into the corner.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Draisaitl and Skinner on a line together is going to be a defensive nightmare. Neither of them care to try and defend
I don't really give a shit how they look in preseason I'm surprised at how the Skinner/Arvidsson signings have been panned as these enormous home runs.

I expect Edmonton will want to upgrade at those positions by deadline.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Sprong's been a bit of a bozo today. Doesn't seem to have as much offensive awareness as I thought he would.

Could be because it's new linemates, and I also haven't watched much of the preseason outside of that period. Passes are off and he's out of position in the offensive zone.

Debrusk on the other hand is solid. It's nice to see Petey with someone who can make a pass again instead of just constantly dumping it into the corner.

He’s definitely a solo dash type. He’s got wheels, and he’s used to screaming up the ice with the puck. Might take a bit if adjusting to Petey and DeBrusk’s style which is more about puck movement and finding open space.

Reactions: thecupismine

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
I don't really give a shit how they look in preseason I'm surprised at how the Skinner/Arvidsson signings have been panned as these enormous home runs.

I expect Edmonton will want to upgrade at those positions by deadline.
Biggest hole they will have to fill is D, don’t forget Kane comes back in a few months

Hammman

Apr 3, 2010
He’s definitely a solo dash type. He’s got wheels, and he’s used to screaming up the ice with the puck. Might take a bit if adjusting to Petey and DeBrusk’s style which is more about puck movement and finding open space.
Seems like a player much better suited to bottom six minutes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad