Post-Game Talk: Preseason GM05| Vancouver Canucks lose to Edmonton Oilers in Shootout | 2-3 (Bains & Smith)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

moiderer

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver
At the very least this game assuages some LHD depth doubts. Kudryavtsev and DPetey look more game than they did early in preseason. Friedman deserves a spot more than Juulsen.

Up front, at the very least Hoglander has lost his spot next to Pettersson. Sprong probably gets it, or Sherwood. Raty might make it still but had a quieter night (his wingers Hog and Lekk did no favours).

Aman had a more engaged game, might make it via inertia. Don't see PDG not making it.

Lankinen looks totally fine. Can probably survive with him until Demko returns.

Congrats to the Oilers on winning a highly contested match between two star-studded rosters.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
Ekholm - Bouchard
Nurse - Gleason/Brown
Kulak - Emberson

Got this off Oilers board this what there hoping the defence looks like on opening night. Damn I knew the defence was bad did not realize it was this bad.

Hammer79

Jan 9, 2009
Kelowna
I listened to the Oilers feed on SiriusXM. They said that 'if I'm a Canucks fan, I'm happy right now.' Looking at who we dressed on D, I have to concur.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Kirill the Thrill deserves the last game on Friday IMO.

Hoglander might’ve lost his spot on the second line with his careless play. Conversely, Sprong is playing his way up the lineup - he looks very dangerous every chance he gets with the puck.

Raty was good. Deserves the Friday game too.

Kiefer Sherwood has untapped potential.

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
Sprong needs to go head high on Skinner there with the slapshot. Don't worry about scoring. Leo doing Leon things. Maybe if his goalie takes one in the grill he will think twice.

Reactions: Indiana

VIPettersson

Apr 9, 2018
Kirill the Thrill deserves the last game on Friday IMO.

Hoglander might’ve lost his spot on the second line with his careless play. Conversely, Sprong is playing his way up the lineup - he looks very dangerous every chance he gets with the puck.

Raty was good. Deserves the Friday game too.
I actually thought Sprong over the past few games played very individualistically. For example this game he tried to go through a few Oilers by himself and got stripped leading to a chance against. He can't be playing hero ball all the time its happened a few times. I was a big proponent of trying him on the top 6 and signing him so I hope this is more of a preseason thing.

Reactions: andora and Indiana

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Oilers board complaining about Shorthouse and Tomlinson, which is to be expected, but why is the Canucks broadcast team doing an Oilers home game for an Edmonton audience?
I went to look, but all I found was an in depth conversation about how one of the mods here is a crayon eater

• Wow
Reactions: Indiana

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad