Post-Game Talk: Preseason GM05| Vancouver Canucks lose to Edmonton Oilers in Shootout | 2-3 (Bains & Smith)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Blue and Green

Out to lunch
Dec 17, 2017
Bains is having a heck of a game. I really like Sherwood aswwll.
Agree. Bains got deployed over his head in his call-up stints last season. At some point, he needs to get a chance just to be a safe, reliable 4th-line guy. He doesn't make many big mistakes and is intelligent in his defensive play.

Sherwood really looks like a solid addition.

Svencouver

Apr 8, 2015
Vancouver
Podz still skating miles and accomplishing nothing.
I feel like the vision, playmaking, and skill part of his game really dried up in the KHL. I was really impressed with those qualities in the WJC but how he was developed to be just a skate skate skate full-send checking wrecking ball never inspired much confidence

tantalum

Hope for the best. Expect the worst
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2002
Missouri
A lot of kids have shown well despite what happens in the end.

EP2 - makes strides every game but is slow to read where the play is going and gets caught. Some AHL seasoning is in order but he’s had a fine camp.

Lekk - he needs AHL seasoning but I honestly think for him this is a matter of learning the smaller ice surface. I don’t think he’s that far off tbh

Aman - he sure is written on the lineup card. Yep sure is. (Same can be said for Podz on the other side)

Raty - definitely worked on his skating. He should stick.

Hogs - still defensive issues but his motor remains one of the best. But he desperately needs to clean that part of his game up.

Juulsen - well the couple dozen decent game he provided last season are a distant memory. He’s back to AHL fodder Juulsen.

Sasson - safety in case Aman gets claimed and likely one of the first call ups

KK - really nice game. Kid has some nice tools. Excited to see how he develops over the next 18-24 months.

EP2, KK, Willander…nice to see some d-men with legitimate futures in the organization

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad