Post-Game Talk: Preseason GM05| Vancouver Canucks lose to Edmonton Oilers in Shootout | 2-3 (Bains & Smith)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

moiderer

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver
Some pretty solid defending happening in this game. Nobody left in front for free tips so far.

DPetey has settled in massively. Kudryavtsev holding up. Wolanin skating like an anti-Forbort. Juulsen had some whiffy plays but is surviving. Friedman and Desharnais look like the best D on either team.

Reactions: Lindgren

LemonSauceD

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
what I took from that period is that Freidman has more than likely solidified himself as the 7th/8th D. Now we just gotta figure out the 6th and 7th D spots because there’s absolutely no way in hell Juulsen or Forbort deserve those two spots.

wonton15

Höglander
Dec 13, 2009
Friedman has it in him to play a safe but strong game. Still remember that 5-10 game stretch when we had injuries and he played with Cole and looked like a legitimate #6.

Reactions: Kryten and arttk

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
Look what we are icing lol

My post was in response to the Oilers looking slow. A huge part of team speed is he defence’s ability to cleanly breakout and make passes while the forwards are moving at full speed. Ekholm and Bouchard (also arguably Nurse) are the guys capable of doing that and aren’t playing. So they look even slower than they anctually are.

Reactions: arttk and Coffees

PavelBure10

The Russian Rocket
Aug 25, 2009
Okanagan
Canucks are playing very well for not having any major players in the lineup. While the Oil dressed McDavid, Draisaitl and Arvidsson, this Canuck farm team is playing the system very well. I am sure Tochett will be very happy with the results from the first two periods.

Bains is having a heck of a game. I really like Sherwood aswwll.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad