Post-Game Talk: Preseason GM04| Vancouver Canucks lose to Calgary Flames | 2-4 (Lekkerimaki & Raty)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Think there should be quite a few cuts. Forwards look pretty set, I think Raty has made it, and when Blueger is back, it likely means cycling Suter to wing. Lekkerimaki sent down as there's enough NHL winger depth you don't really need him and he looks better served spending some time in the minors.

Will be interesting to see how the wingers shake out on the final roster. Heinen, Hoglander, and Sprong could all end up on Pettersson's wing, I think.

Reactions: Lindgren

Rick Rocket

Regetstred User
May 22, 2008
I'm super happy for Raty, he looks like he's really improved and best make the team over anyone.

Also, was that Soucy high sticking call real or was that a dream?

Reactions: Ozone

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
Raty is easily the story of this training camp. You forget that at 16 years old he was considered a 'teen prodigy' in Finnish hockey, the equivalent of guys like Bedard and Cellebrini in Canada.

And while it was a bumpy road over the next four seasons, you can see now why he was one of the most highly rated prospects in the world and even in the conversation to be a 'first overall pick; before he hit the wall a bit in his draft year.

Lamoriello rarely let an impact prospect go during his many years in the NHL; but he may have lost that edge with Raty. He's a face-off demon, and two-way center that every contending team needs playing down in the lineup, at least to start his career.

Reactions: dez and Ozone

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
i noticed raty was trying to win faceoffs by switching it curve side on the right circle before switching back to his natural handiness. malhotra effect?

Reactions: jd22

JT Milker

Mar 24, 2018
If Lekkerimaki wasn’t a top prospect drafted with a high pick, no one would be advocating to keep him on the team this year.

And the 9 game rule does not apply, he’s 20. His ELC is starting this year no matter what.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
Lamoriello rarely let an impact prospect go during his many years in the NHL; but he may have lost that edge with Raty.

in no particular order, top five youngsters lou lam has given us over the years: raty, brendan morrison, kirk mclean, greg adams, vadim sharifijanov

• Haha
Reactions: Vector

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad