GDT: Preseason Game 5. Kraken @ Oilers beer leaguer. Streaming on Oilers+ at 7 pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Well run orgs don't let their valuable assets hit waivers to potentially lose them for nothing. Just like how multiple teams were apparently eyeing us up over our now gone RFA'S, there is teams watching to see what gets left off the main roster of the top teams in the league.

I'm not worried about someone else "poaching" Perry. He won't play higher than 4th line unless something drastic happens, he was no good in the playoffs, and he playys the least valuable position in which we have good depth . He is fine to keep as a mentor and depth, but if you are losing anyone else for him, your doing it wrong. Idgaf if he has some guarantee, we aren't gonna ice a worse roster over Corey f***ing Perry's feelings.

Every team has one or two Lavoie’s that don’t get claimed. Like I said, name all the players like Lavoie that were claimed off the past 5 winners?

Lavoie’s case isn’t the same as Holloway or Broberg. They were scooped up through an offer sheet. Every team is sending players down on waivers right now, and every team has roster limits.

As for Perry you’re missing my point. Cup winners usually grab low cost depth veterans (like Perry) to fill depth roles rather than let rookies play those 5-6-7 minutes a night like Lavoie.

And as I said, I’d bet a large sum of money that there is 0 chance Perry gets sent down, regardless of how much fans might think he should be. He didn’t sign here to play in Bakersfield and Lavoie playing decent in preseason isn’t going to displace Perry unless Lavoie plays monster hockey which he’s not.

Having a good game against half an AHL Seattle team isn’t displacing anyone off the top 12.

Jarvi

Mar 22, 2012
Every team has one or two Lavoie’s that don’t get claimed. Like I said, name all the players like Lavoie that were claimed off the past 5 winners?

Lavoie’s case isn’t the same as Holloway or Broberg. They were scooped up through an offer sheet. Every team is sending players down on waivers right now, and every team has roster limits.

As for Perry you’re missing my point. Cup winners usually grab low cost depth veterans (like Perry) to fill depth roles rather than let rookies play those 5-6-7 minutes a night like Lavoie.

And as I said, I’d bet a large sum of money that there is 0 chance Perry gets sent down, regardless of how much fans might think he should be. He didn’t sign here to play in Bakersfield and Lavoie playing decent in preseason isn’t going to displace Perry unless Lavoie plays monster hockey which he’s not.

Having a good game against half an AHL Seattle team isn’t displacing anyone off the top 12.
Lmao, I'm not gonna go dig up waivers claims for the last 5 years for you, do it yourself you muppet. And yes, I know the situation w Broberg and Holloway was different, but the point is many on here said to be wary of offer sheets, and people like you brushed it off saying how unlikely it was. Now we have neither and you want to risk losing another young, higher draft pick??? Perry's experience means very little, it didn't get us over the hump last year and he didn't have many big moments. The team as a whole has the experience from last year now too, so his whole schtick is even less valuable.

Contenders have their rosters set for the most part, along with finding space for their own guys. The teams that would poach lavoie would be lower end teams with holes higher up in their roster so that they could give him a role to thrive. Sure they might see some value in the leadership Perry supposedly provides, or they may see his whole Chicago stint as a sign of something they want to avoid with their young stars.

It's arguable that losing Perry to waivers would help the team. There is no universe where losing Lavoie for nothing helps us. I honestly can't believe someone would even argue otherwise.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Lmao, I'm not gonna go dig up waivers claims for the last 5 years for you, do it yourself you muppet. And yes, I know the situation w Broberg and Holloway was different, but the point is many on here said to be wary of offer sheets, and people like you brushed it off saying how unlikely it was. Now we have neither and you want to risk losing another young, higher draft pick??? Perry's experience means very little, it didn't get us over the hump last year and he didn't have many big moments. The team as a whole has the experience from last year now too, so his whole schtick is even less valuable.

Contenders have their rosters set for the most part, along with finding space for their own guys. The teams that would poach lavoie would be lower end teams with holes higher up in their roster so that they could give him a role to thrive. Sure they might see some value in the leadership Perry supposedly provides, or they may see his whole Chicago stint as a sign of something they want to avoid with their young stars.

It's arguable that losing Perry to waivers would help the team. There is no universe where losing Lavoie for nothing helps us. I honestly can't believe someone would even argue otherwise.
Having to resort to insults is always a sign you're losing the debate.

And Lavoie is 24.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

What are you getting uptight about? I’m not arguing for or against waiving Lavoie. I’m saying the club probably will waive him due to wanting to run a short roster and has almost assuredly made a commitment to Perry. If you don’t like that then call up Bowman and call him a muppet.

By the way your the one making the claims that the Lavoie’s of the world get regularly claimed off contenders. I just said I can’t think of any so unless you can your statement is incorrect. Perhaps it isn’t. I just can’t think of any examples that agree with your statement.

Lavoie to me seems blocked and isn’t outplaying Podkolzin who also is seeing duty on the PK. Perry almost assuredly has a commitment and will only be replaced through injury or Lavoie drastically outplaying him in the next few games. Philp is competing for the 4C spot and let’s say they give it to him. Ryan probably displaces Perry meaning Lavoie has to beat out not only Perry but Ryan as well in this instance which won’t happen given Ryan’s ability to play right shot C if needed and his prowess on the PK.

The team decides to run only 12 F, so where does Lavoie fit then? That’s all I’m saying. No need to get hostile.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Perry's a vet who probably isn't taking pre-season all that seriously, but hopefully his job isn't guaranteed and someone on the staff can tell him like... hey... these young guys are coming for your job if you don't dig in a bit here.

Reactions: McDoused

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I don’t see Lavoie making the team. He doesn’t penalty kill and won’t be on the PP. He won’t displace Janmark or Brown with Henrique as I believe that line is set in stone.

That leaves the 4th line where he might get 6-7 minutes a night where he will just rot and is Classic Oilers, putting a rookie scorer on the 4th line and barely play them killing any confidence they have. I sense the new management won’t mismanage assets the way our past 2 regimes have.

Better to send him to the AHL and use him as an early call up in case of injury to the top 9 wingers. I doubt he gets claimed in waivers as every team has 1 or 2 Lavoie’s that they also will be waiving.
I really doubt he clears. If he is not going to make the team they should try to make a trade. Otherwise they are just flushing him.

Reactions: McDoused

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad