GDT: Preseason Game 5. Kraken @ Oilers beer leaguer. Streaming on Oilers+ at 7 pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
My ideal lineup right now is….

RNH - McDavid - Hyman
Skinner - Draisaitl - Arvidsson
Podkolzin - Henrique - Lavoie
Janmark - Philp - Brown
Ryan OR Perry

Ekholm - Bouchard
Nurse - Emberson
Kulak - Gleason
Stetcher

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Lavoie will make the team in my opinion. Philp will be sent down due to waiver exemption.
I think you’re right. Philp will eventually take Ryan’s spot. Whenever Ryan falls off a cliff from age or retires. Ryan had a great assist tonight and has been a huge part of the PK.

Like you said if Philp is waiver exempt I’d send him down for a bit. Lavoie looks so ready, I don’t think he makes it through waivers again.

Reactions: McDrai and Oilhawks

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Philp, Pod, Lavoie should all make the team (I would guess Pod is making the team with a strong pre-season, price paid, waivers etc). Could make an argument to sign Hoffman but not sure if they do.

Echoing what others have said, if Philp is waiver exempt, take advantage of that and have him playing top minutes in Bakersfield, sign Hoffman for an extra forward. IMO

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Keeping Perry and losing Lavoie on waivers would be complete incompetence by management, Hoffman is making a case for himself as well to make the team
They can't justify that in any way. I understand that Perry is a vet that needs to be shown some respect but in the end they need to do what is right by the team. Lavoie won't clear and he is far more likely to be a part of the team's future than Perry.

smokersarejokers

Jul 7, 2005
Finally a game with some proper evaluation of the bubble guys.

Nice to see Philp, Podz, and Lavoie continue to look good. I thought Derek Ryan played really well, setting up 2 goals. Killed penalties with Nuge. I think he'll be on the team as 4th line C or RW. You can tell the coaches trust him big time. I guess we'll see how the next few games play out.

O'Reilly looks like a pro already, London is the perfect place for him to go back next week. But, man, he's a smart player for 18.

I thought Stecher and Dermott were solid. Gleason and Kemp were mostly good too. I assume they'll play the other guys next game and go from there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad