GDT: Preseason Game 4. Oilers @ Jets; beer leaguer # 2. On Oilers+ at 6 pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
To be fair our McDavid and co lineup looked this bad against Calgarys AHL squad so it’s not even a lineup thing.
lol you think those guys care at all about these games? They are probably playing in 5th gear. A lot of top guys. They made the cup. Who knows, we might have a let down to start the year. The affect of losing a game 7. These games all mean so little to them.

This is like a cup for Winnipeg. Our team with a full roster are the big dawgs.

Reactions: Oilhawks

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
lol you think those guys care at all about these games? They are probably playing in 5th gear. A lot of top guys. They made the cup. Who knows, we might have a let down to start the year. The affect of losing a game 7. These games all mean so little to them.
I mean Floridas won the cup and aren’t getting ass blasted in the regular season.
Ultimately it doesn’t matter but our tweener guys are mostly playing like shit.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
130d218593d8b917c20a9dc277f87818.gif

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
Bob is just counting down the minutes until...

Winnipeg may not have an airport, but apparently they have the Original Royal Pizza.

• Wow
Reactions: ZJuice

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I'm not into S & M either.

in two weeks hockey will matter again.
The bummer is none of the guys fighting for spots actually look like they want them outside like Philp. Our dcore will have 2 guys on it who get the job by being the least offensive to watch rather then fought and earned it.
Philp missed a year of hockey and looks like our best 4c option which shouldn’t happen lol.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Why can't we have one year where a kid knocks the socks off of pre-season and forces himself onto the team? This is just going to cement geriatric ryan and perry into the bottom 6, as well as some old washed fart on D like barrie or schultz
Noah Philp is kind of doing that

Nothing about Savoie’s game has stood out to me. I didn’t like that trade and hope I’m proven wrong in my opinion of it.
Huh? Then you clearly aren't watching.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Oof is all I can say for the last 3 games. Time to trim the fat and try to get ready for the regular season. Don’t want the boys to lose confidence before the season even starts.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Couldn't see the game out here. What I wanted to look for is face-offs with the four guys playing tonight. Game sheet shows team 40.4%. Individual #'s:
Ryan 66.7% (though sounds like he was mainly RW)
Pederson 50%
Philp 36.4%
Hamlin 42.9%
O'Reilly 35%

Would appreciate any context over their face-off deployment. Who was used for PK? Who was used for PP? Any sense for own zone deployment - who drew these face-offs?

The other notable is 27 giveaways (27)!! Only 4 takeaways. Scoreboard reflects this but doesn't sound like there was much pushback either with only 11 hits registered.

This was always going to be a lopsided game against largely an opening day roster. But doesn't should like there was much grit or hard ice competitive play?? Lose the scoreboard is fine but largely a bottom six roster where the camp battle is being waged would like to think there would be more fight in the dog...

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad