GDT: Preseason Game 4. Oilers @ Jets; beer leaguer # 2. On Oilers+ at 6 pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wreckus

Feb 21, 2016
Didn't watch the game but it sounds like it was a good ole butt whoopin for the boys.

Won't be any cuts tonight as they are flying home. Tomorrow is another story however.

But, if this continues, I could see an early trade, esp on D.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Kinda disappointing that it seems like no prospects or bubble players ever jump out in preseason.

That being said Philp and Savoie have probably been two of our better forwards in preseason. Kinda sad.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
I don't care about the losses but I wouldn't mind seeing regular lines getting more reps. I would have liked to see Draisaitl with Skinner and Arvidsson last game, for example. I don't care about the losses. We'll probably see more regular lines after the next round of cuts.

Dempsey

Mark it zero
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2002
Ladner, BC
Didn't watch the game but it sounds like it was a good ole butt whoopin for the boys.

Won't be any cuts tonight as they are flying home. Tomorrow is another story however.

But, if this continues, I could see an early trade, esp on D.

Do you think the D could get a boost when Ekholm, Bouchard and Nurse are actually dressed?

Reactions: TB12

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Philp was the best of the bunch of the players looking for big time role for me. If he continues to develop and the 4th line is struggling I could see him getting an early call up. I would like to see KK run Podkolzin, Philp and Perry next game. The P3 line.

Hoffman might as well pack his bags but they will probably play him on 1 of the 2 road games left to play and possibly 1 of the home games.

There is now no more point in playing any D except for the guys legitimately with a shot, and I would include Kemp in that mix of Brown, Stetcher, Dermott and Emberson. Emberson had some shaky moments out there but some good moments as well, something I think we probably must expect from a guy who has played only 30 NHL games in his career.

The rest of the boys need to pack thier shit and get on the next plane to Bako or their Junior teams.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
Philp only guy doing much out there

Can kind of see the tools with Emberson

Skinner looks good
Not sure what y'all looking at, I'm not seeing anything with Emberson. Looks to be in over his head. Not reliable, lost coverage a few times, makes bad reads. Looks like a less experienced Cody Ceci.

phrenssoa

Nov 21, 2014
Winnipeg
Am I the only one who likes Hoffman so far? He makes smart plays and created a couple of really good chances last night. Can’t say that about many players.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I don't want us to ice a full lineup until the last game. Maybe 80% for the second last. I don't see the point in this
With all the new additions this would be a mistake. Our actual guys needs to start playing together and finding some chemistry. Not blow the first month of the regular season again and be playing catch up
Kinda disappointing that it seems like no prospects or bubble players ever jump out in preseason.

That being said Philp and Savoie have probably been two of our better forwards in preseason. Kinda sad.
Seems kind of hard when you ice such a poor roster against a more veteran roster

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
With it this long they should honestly make the first bunch of games like the AHL and only allow x amount of veterans.

These games just seem so meaningless right now.
Absolutely, and young players. Letting draftees get a "taste" of Pro-hockey is good, but yeah just having to sprinkle in regulars is annoying.

8 games it just too many though, should be 6, but preferably 4.

That's enough time to try guys out and tune up.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad