GDT: Preseason Game 4: Devils @ Islanders - 7 P.M. - MSGSN, MSG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
6 day fever on pro athlete is no joke.

Need a win , but not with a cost.
When I was 27 I had some sort of random virus that had no symptoms other than aches and fatigue and a fever that spiked over two weeks. To this day I’ve never been as sick for as long. It was awful.

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
my hope is that Zboril is great for us today, i think as much as i want Casey to be on the team, idk about him starting his NHL career with us playing on his offside.

Zboril playing well and getting signed would be a nice boost to our LD depth so I'm all for it, though I'm not at all concerned if Casey starts out on his offside - don't think there would be any lingering downside to it and if he does well at LD that could be big for his future with the big club given how locked in our top 3 RD is right now. Even if he doesn't play LD with the big club, maybe they look to play him there in Utica?

Recall that Luke played RD exclusively at Michigan and I don't think there was really any downside to that.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
At this point I feel like everyone's probably gotten it at least once at some point even if you've never been diagnosed by a doctor or a test. You could be one of the fortunate ones and have had asymptomatic cases. I know I've had it twice where the symptoms were very light (I felt far worse a few weeks before the second when I had a non-COVID virus) but probably some of that depends on immune system, some on exposure level and some depends on how much you're vaccinated/boosted without getting this down a political black hole.

And COVID's still the first thing I think of when I hear things like 'Haula had a serious virus for a week or more', even if it's not necessarily the case and whether he got tested for it or not.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
It's definitely still present, I've had some family members and friends get hit with it over the past few months.

Knock on wood, I haven't gotten it in the past two years. When I did get it, my symptoms were very minor. I feel for those who it hits like a truck.

MasterofGrond

No, I'm not serious.
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2009
Rochester, NY
Couple years ago at the tail end of our honeymoon my wife suddenly came down with a 104 degree fever. Was hospitalized for 3 days. Not covid, not the regular flu, just a mysterious infection of some kind. f***ed her up real bad.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
am i the only person that hasn't gotten covid?
I've never actually been tested for it, but I was a close contact with people who were tested for it two different times, while having symptoms of my own both those times. So it's a safe assumption that I had it. I didn't feel it was at all necessary to take the test, because putting two and two together the first time it was obvious I had it. That was in January of 2021. I didn't go to work for 8 or 9 days I think. Didn't leave the house for 6 or 7 that time, I can't remember.

Second time was June of 2023. Again, no need to take the test. I had multiple people I came into contact with take the test and I had symptoms anyway. I think I didn't go to work for 5-6 days that time and didn't really leave the house for 5 or 6 days after.

The symptoms were worse the first time, though I think I had one of the worst headaches I've ever had in my life the second time, which strangely was the first symptom. The headache was gone the next day, but I got the rest of the usual symptoms from that day on. I never did lose taste or smell, either time though.

I had something that lasted even longer this past February and March, though the symptoms didn't seem as serious, and no one I knew was sick at all, other than me and some friends who live on the other side of the state, who I don't even think we saw each other that recently before this.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
am i the only person that hasn't gotten covid?

Jinxed myself almost exactly a year ago when I went to Minnesota for an MLB/NFL weekend. I had lunch there with a high school friend who is now a doctor. I joked about "How I haven't caught covid but probably will get it now that I said it out loud."

Sure enough I got home, felt gross, and tested positive. I took a day off work and that happened to be the day that they announced a round of layoffs. Might have been a blessing in disguise that I was out of commission, otherwise I would have been sweating out whether I had been invited to the good meeting or the bad meeting. Vaguely remember dragging myself out of bed to check my work email and quickly verifying my job status then going right back to sleep.

I went to Vegas with my cousin around June 2021. Shared a hotel room and a bunch of car rides. He caught it at some point on that trip but I managed to be unscathed. [/coolstorybro]

Satans Hockey

Nov 17, 2010
I haven't either but my unscientific reason for that is that I've been to so many concerts with sweaty gross crowds in the pit area that I've been exposed to so much for so long that I'm good to go for most world wide plagues lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad