GDT: Preseason game 3: Sharks @ Ducks 7:00pm

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Star Platinum

May 11, 2024
This targeted at me? This is what I said:
  • +/- Carlsson looks very good. Turnstiled Dickinson at least twice. Dick looks very young, but not in a worrisome way... he just needs lots of time.
Just quote me if you need to, but also I think it's a bit of an overreaction at least to my comment.

I'm not at all surprised and I'm not at all worried. Carlsson was my second favorite player last draft, he's already a great player and he's going to be a star. Dickinson will be fine, he's learning out there and you can just tell he's a kid still, maybe a little awed by the moment. With time and confidence he's still in a great place.
I don't have insane expectations of teenagers. I don't consider guys busts just because playing against legitimate NHL players makes them look ordinary by comparison. But good God, make at least one play in a game where you stand out a little. Make a great pass. Get off a great shot that makes the goalie work. Check somebody. Beat someone in a race for the puck Do something.

A 9 game tryout would be a waste of time for either Musty or Haltunnen. They are not even close to being NHL level players.

Thrun looked pretty decent IMO. He has one really nice pass in the game that stood out.

Reactions: Mattb124

Jargon

Apr 12, 2011
Venice, California
This team really needs offense. Gushchin should make the team and be given a good chance in the top 6

I think what I liked about Goose this game is his effort was really off the charts, he was fighting in corners, fighting in the defensive zone, leading transition with his speed (he seemed a lot faster this game than last year). If he can keep playing that, I think he can really be a player, but he has to keep playing like that.

I feel like Granlund would be a really good mentor for him.

vortexy

Jun 13, 2024
Kostin-?- Goose as line 3?
I would do something like

Eklund-Celebrini-Toffoli
Granlund-Smith-Zetterlund
Guschin-Wennberg-Kostin
Grundstrom-Sturm-Dellandrea

Issue is this is without Kunin and Goodrow and we all know Kunin is going to be on the opening roster along with Goodrow

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad