GDT: Preseason Game 3 - New York Rangers vs Boston Bruins, 7pm ET, MSG

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Erne??? He is garbage. I don’t get why they gave out useless PTO. At least if you use a PTO on someone, use it one someone who does not suck like when Vesey was given a PTO.

Erne is around in case they lose a Vesey to waivers

Then you sign him at the end of camp to replace AHL depth

Reactions: yrrebbor

94leetch

Oct 29, 2022
To comment on the Mackey and Kastelic fight. Mackey was overmatched. Kastelic is a legit heavy. Mackey attempted two punches with his right but Kastelic with longer reach got a really good grip and locked his right hand out. A lot of the really good fighters have fought enough where they can do damage with both hands. Mackey has been in a number of fights before but I don't know if he's used his left much and if he's just a righty he was f***ed right there. There are examples of great fighters who primarily used only one hand. Joe Kocur was known for his murderous right. Georges Laraque's technique revolved around breaking down opponents from clinches and then flattening them with his left. That guy was super strong physically.
It's funny, I'm not that pro fight anymore but just an observation. This team has one monster whose mostly good for the occasional 'show' fight and after that one or two guys who are willing to get their asses beat, kind of the same old same old.LOL

Reactions: majordomo

bhamill

Sponsor
Apr 16, 2012
It's funny, I'm not that pro fight anymore but just an observation. This team has one monster whose mostly good for the occasional 'show' fight and after that one or two guys who are willing to get their asses beat, kind of the same old same old.LOL
As far as guys who will actually be on this roster: Rempe, Trouba, Cuylle, Schneider all go just fine. Kreider, Carrick, Laf, Trocheck, Vesey all do fine against guys their size. I’m not worried.

Reactions: romba

94leetch

Oct 29, 2022
As far as guys who will actually be on this roster: Rempe, Trouba, Cuylle, Schneider all go just fine. Kreider, Carrick, Laf, Trocheck, Vesey all do fine against guys their size. I’m not worried.
I guess you're right though the preseason has been a blood bath.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
Othmann’s jersey looks 2 sizes too big for him. That alone should tell people he’s not ready. Anyone with a modicum of patience knows he’ll be a good middle 6 player when his time comes

Or it means they gave him the wrong size jersey and jersey size has nothing to do with playing hockey, I dunno.

Also, not directed at you but I don't know anyone watches Othman and Edstrom play last night and still want Vesey or Brodz on the roster but imo that's what we're gonna get.

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
If I were picking this roster right now this is how it would look

Kreider zib Smith
Panarin trochek Lafreniere
Othmann chytil Kakko
Cuylle Carrick Edstrom/Rempe
I wouldn't worry about Vesey or Brodz, they are replacement level players

Reactions: Jackson Ranger

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Or it means they gave him the wrong size jersey and jersey size has nothing to do with playing hockey, I dunno.

Also, not directed at you but I don't know anyone watches Othman and Edstrom play last night and still want Vesey or Brodz on the roster but imo that's what we're gonna get.

The kid is 21, I just dont think he's filled into his body yet. Ranger fans should know by now to be patient with these young kids.

Reactions: bhamill

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
The kid is 21, I just dont think he's filled into his body yet. Ranger fans should know by now to be patient with these young kids.
Yup, he could have joined the team 2 years ago, the next step is to give him a stretch of games to see what he can do. He doesn't look out of place at all right now, never going to know if he's ready if they don't let him play some games.

GoAwayPanarin

May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
In the small sample size thus far...

Mancini over Jones for me.
Edstrom over Vesey for me.

Jones and Mancini should both be playing if we're going merit based.

If this org had balls they'd give Mancini some reps on the left side in a few of these games to see what that looks like at this level (I don't care if he's done it before, its a different beast in the NHL.)

It's going to be annoying watching Trouba and Lindgren get endless rope and opportunities knowing that there are much better options behind them.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013

idk Mancini has been great but Jones has been their best D this pre-season, imo.

they should both play. there's room since Lindgren is hurt. though we know it'll be Connor Mackey instead since we're not allowed to have fun

Edstrom over Vesey is correct. Vesey has been completely useless since the 2023 playoffs.

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
I understand not wanting to rush Mancini, I don’t think its a bad idea to let him marinate in Hartford. But what does it say to a kid who is head and shoulders better than guys in front of him. Its no doubt frustrating and a confidence killer.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Jones looks really good

I’d imagine Mancini gets a cup of coffee if lindgren isn’t ready. No reason not to let him play a bit he’s waiver exempt

I’d waive vesey. I think it’s time for Othmann to sink or swim. We need some change to this team. Put Cuylle on the 4th line see how that looks add some meanness to the team in general. If Othmann can’t hang I bring up Edstrom shortly after.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
Jones has his warts, but so does most every player who likes to play with the puck on their stick and who looks to make plays. The reason there is even a question about him making the team is the same reason someone like Gudbranson gets a multi-year contract from some NHL team, people don't like to visually see a d-man give away a puck. Jones could connect on 9 out of 10 plays and create chances for his team but that 1 play that gets intercepted looks bad. Whereas Gudbranson just smashes the puck off the glass 10 out of 10 times, leading to the other team coming back in against him but that glaring giveaway is no where to be found.

Jones and Fox are absolutely necessary

Reactions: tiggles

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
I understand not wanting to rush Mancini, I don’t think its a bad idea to let him marinate in Hartford. But what does it say to a kid who is head and shoulders better than guys in front of him. Its no doubt frustrating and a confidence killer.
If he's a professional, he'll understand that there are other considerations (and I expect those would be explained to him).

n8

WAAAAAAA!!!
Nov 7, 2002
san francisco
Visit site

Opening day roster currently looks like

Zib, Kreider, Smith, Panarin, Tro, Laf, Cuylle, Chytil, Kakko, Edstrom, Rempe, Vesey, Brodzinski, Carrick
Fox, Miller, Trouba, Schneider, Jones, Mancini
Shesty, Quick
Lindgren IR

That is 22 of 23 roster slots.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
And when Mancini makes young defenseman mistakes, or doesn't play like a Norris winner Ranger fans will be just as forgiving and patient as they have been with our other 21-22 year old defensemen like Schneider and Miller.

Reactions: bl02

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
And when Mancini makes young defenseman mistakes, or doesn't play like a Norris winner Ranger fans will be just as forgiving and patient as they have been with our other 21-22 year old defensemen like Schneider and Miller.
I'd argue our fanbse has given those two the appropriate amount of shit they deserved when they deserved it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad