GDT: Preseason Game 3 - Laval Rocket+ vs Leafs 7PM EST Sportsnet & RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I think I saw 7 or 8 Laval games live last year, plus a few on TV, and preseason games...

I can confidently say I have seen NOTHING of Kidney that tells me he'll be an NHLer. Very unfortunate, but I have no faith in this case. He's not playing bad per se, but he has no high end tool, not even IQ.
He's weak he got a bit stronger but not nearly enough and he definitely trailed the play both ways all night long.
He looks like ECHL material when compared to guys like Simoneau Condotta Gignac Tuch Beck Davidson etc...

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Lots of young turks.

Beck did not impress you, but he was a master at faceoffs against a real NHL lineup. He’ll be recalled for good this year.

Oh! DVo showcased? Just a thought.
I think he was sent out there to quiet down the gallery.
However at the same time there's nothing wrong with having him play up the lineup. :naughty:

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
They are going to regret hanging on to Barron if they had a chance to move him. Never improves, he's the same player he was when Sakic shipped him here.

Reactions: SnapVirus

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Dobes was impressive enough to give Primeau an ulcer.

Hutson was Hutson but he also showed how easy he can be run over.

Rein flubbed at least 3 easy passes within a 10 minute span. Maybe more that I didn't notice. That's mandatory skill and that must NOT happen in a real game. He got too close to a Laff before he decided to whom he will pass it too.

X is getting me annoyed. By now he should know how to clear the puck on a PK. He panicked and put it in the corner, kept it in play for the Laffs instead of going around the net and clearing it out. I don't know what constitutes a punishments or drilling it into his head. but if I'm the coach, he's going to repeat that step 30 times. It's not acceptable to make that mistake in year 3. TAKE 3 STEPS AROUND THE NET AND FIRE DOWN THE ICE

Kaps wasn't as impressive as other games particularly when he has to outshine Dvo.

Couldn't care less that we lost, most of the guys in tonights game are gone before the game opener.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
First look I got at team this season. Game unimpressive in general but to be expected Leafs iced more NHLers.

Dobes our first star. Going to be good goalie, fundamentally sound, tracks puck well. Never gave him much thought with all the Fowler hype. May create trade next summer with our depth in net. Because Fowler be pro by spring. Likely get another look at Dobes this season if injury at big club.

Hutson my second star. All over the ice. Thinks offense all the time, great vision. Only reservation I have about him can he stand rigors of 82 games? Then a more physical playoff? They will run him in playoffs.

Tuch I like. Size, skates well, decent hockey sense. Going to have long NHL career. Bottom 6 winger but important piece to team. Ridley looked decent at times. Ridley, Mesar, Farrell all very similar. Small, not physical but just not quite enough skill to put them over.

Barron about what I expected. Good skill but just no hockey sense. I don't know how it will go with him. I get sense bad trade. Wifi not his best game. Looked slow out of position couple of times. Likely just physical bottom pairing. Engstrom fell asleep on second goal. Needs to learn move puck quicker. Don't have much time in NHL.

Defensively team wasn't good. Out of position .Turnovers in own end, bad penalties, gave up many odd man rushes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad