GDT: Preseason Game 3 - Laval Rocket+ vs Leafs 7PM EST Sportsnet & RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Demigod Gloves

Oct 1, 2017
Leaf fan coming in to say Hutson looked pretty good. He for sure has the skill and speed to be an NHLer.
Do you think his size holds him out this yr? Even if they can get him up to 170 I fig he is 100% in the line up but at 150 that seems risky when they look like they will be a for sure future star.
I think hes at 165 now, hasn't been an issue yet, hes very sneaky and avoids hits well but at one point he's definitely going to be crushed on the boards, I guess well see at that moment how he responds, he's a nhl lock imo I'm not worried .

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
I saw a lot of good things tonight. Lane is a monster even on the right side...what a player!! He's on a different level than the rest of the prospects. Kid just always wants the puck and he's so comfortable with it. Tuch should be in the lineup. He's nasty and has real man strength. Liked Beck's game too.

Last edited:

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
They played well but not enough to take Dvo or Evans spot imo. ABB did have a good game. He was good on the forecheck and had a great defensive read in the neutral zone that really showed some IQ. Kidney looking like a career AHL for sure, I'm just not seeing it with him and kinda never did tbh
I loved Beck's game he is obviously NHL caliber. I would like to see him with two NHL players.
He's more physically ready than Kapanen IMO.

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Leaf fan coming in to say Hutson looked pretty good. He for sure has the skill and speed to be an NHLer.
Do you think his size holds him out this yr? Even if they can get him up to 170 I fig he is 100% in the line up but at 150 that seems risky when they look like they will be a for sure future star.
Hutson is 162 lbs and he’ll definetly make the team this year.
Secondly, remember that time we met up in the playoffs for the first time in 42 years and we came back to beat you from a 3-1 deficit?

Durvann

Feb 6, 2013
I think Dvo has now entered the Anderson level of "I can't bare watching him play anymore". Hopefully he gets some decent production and faceoff stats early season so we can ship him out for reasonable value by Dec.

Reactions: Gustave

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Considering the fact we didn't have any top 6 players playing. It was still an entertaining game. I was very impressed by Dobes tonight. I did hope that Tuch was going to kill Domi's ass though.
Yup you could see that with a couple of tweaks using NHL players we will be fun to watch.

Is it me, or are they no longer playing man-to-man defense anymore? I feel like they haven't been running around chasing when the other team starts a cycle. Maybe I'm wrong.
They definitely tweaked it.
We got hemmed a couple of times but nothing like we saw last season particularly in the second.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Had guys like Reaves on the forecheck pretty bad there in the 3rd, even at 180 he’d be Hutson ketchup if he doesn’t play sticks and rolls around. He’s got us all worried but then the team looks so much more dynamic soon as he’s on the ice. I have not seen him get hit hard yet… Hoping he survives for sure lol

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015

He's not 150 that was just Sportsnet being clueless, like when they said Hutson was a 1st round pick.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I think Dvo has now entered the Anderson level of "I can't bare watching him play anymore". Hopefully he gets some decent production and faceoff stats early season so we can ship him out for reasonable value by Dec.

Other than being spectacularly unlikable, Dvo is tradable and 100% NHL material, trading him shouldn't be a challenge. It's a matter of what kind of value they want for him.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I saw a lot of good things tonight. Lane is a monster even on the right side...what a player!! He's on a different level than the rest of the prospects. Kid just always wants the puck and he's so comfortable with it. Tuch should be in the lineup. He's nasty and has real man strength. Liked Beck's game too.
We need a Tuch in our lineup his checks are heavy and hard and he knows how to use his frame properly.
It may sound stupid but there are a lot of players who don't know how to throw a proper check.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad