GDT: Preseason Game 3 - Laval Rocket+ vs Leafs 7PM EST Sportsnet & RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I think Hutson is the only prospect that starts in MTL. Struble looked good, Dvo solidified his spot.

Oh and Dobes is looking like a great pick
I thought Beck and ABB did well given Kidney was a complete no show.

He’s just too good. I put him in the NHL in a nanosecond. He’ll help the team much more than he’ll hurt it.
His game is not suited for lesser talented players.

the

Mar 2, 2012
Montreal
not really, keep hoping Barron pans out. lmk how that goes 🤣
You guys have a ridiculous amount of expectations on some of our prospects. Not everyone comes flying right out the gate. Who knows how Barron will pan out but I find it insane how some have written him off after not even 100 NHL games.

This takes time, Barron got all the tools to succeed. It's in our best interest to see how this plays out. I feel overall he's doing well.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
I thought Beck and ABB did well given Kidney was a complete no show.
They played well but not enough to take Dvo or Evans spot imo. ABB did have a good game. He was good on the forecheck and had a great defensive read in the neutral zone that really showed some IQ. Kidney looking like a career AHL for sure, I'm just not seeing it with him and kinda never did tbh

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
Is it me, or are they no longer playing man-to-man defense anymore? I feel like they haven't been running around chasing when the other team starts a cycle. Maybe I'm wrong.
I did think that the team defense has looked a lot better these past 3 games

Reactions: dinodebino

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
I've been saying that the last few years " give him time" blah blah blah he's not an NHLer

I think I was too glass half full when I suggested he would be a safe shot at being a no. 5 on a good team after the Lehkonen trade. He's not terrible but.....I dunno, it feels like something is missing to be dependable when it counts.

Deadly Dogma

All I have is substantially vapid opinions
Sponsor
May 3, 2016
Leaf fan coming in to say Hutson looked pretty good. He for sure has the skill and speed to be an NHLer.
Do you think his size holds him out this yr? Even if they can get him up to 170 I fig he is 100% in the line up but at 150 that seems risky when they look like they will be a for sure future star.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
Leaf fan coming in to say Hutson looked pretty good. He for sure has the skill and speed to be an NHLer.
Do you think his size holds him out this yr? Even if they can get him up to 170 I fig he is 100% in the line up but at 150 that seems risky when they look like they will be a for sure future star.
He's 162 right now, and had a bit of a late growth spurt so he'll probably hit 170 range by late next year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad