GDT: Preseason Game 3 - Laval Rocket+ vs Leafs 7PM EST Sportsnet & RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
I heard on the radio the correct pronunciation of Barré-Boulet is with the sound "é" at the end. Maybe something related to the region his family comes from... But yea.

Really?
Weird.
Houde just called him Boulet not Boulé though.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Dans ze mix
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Yeah, and I know fans love this. But in the NHL, it ain't the way to play all the time. You just can't do that all the time, every time. It screws up the systems (or the concepts) and it certainly destabilizes even his teammates. Hockey at that level is all about automatisms. When you have a player like Hudson who free wheels ALL THE TIME, it warps alot of concepts and systematic plays. Not sure he will be able to do that all the time at the pro level.

I know that it's not a popular opinion here, but I'm not convinced yet. He's exciting for sure. But in team concepts, not convinced yet.

Dude.. he's in his 4th pro game, playing 1st pair against one of the better offense in the league and not making out so bad.

I watched him play at BU and he was fully into the team system. Adaptation doesn't come automatically. Coaches will guide him to be more selective with time, but also to harness what Hutson brings that others can't. It's not just a matter of Hutson becoming accustomed to the game, but for his teammates to get accustomed to him. With time they'll pattern plays based on his proclivities as he's the most likely to be the best play driver on the team.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Dude.. he's in his 4th pro game, playing 1st pair against one of the better offense in the league and not making out so bad.

I watched him play at BU and he was fully into the team system. Adaptation doesn't come automatically. Coaches will guide him to be more selective with time, but also to harness what Hutson brings that others can't. It's not just a matter of Hutson becoming accustomed to the game, but for his teammates to get accustomed to him. With time they'll pattern plays based on his proclivities as he's the most likely to be the best play driver on the team.
I do think the same. But it might not be as easy as you say in the big show.

Reactions: Runner77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad