GDT: Preseason Game 3 - Laval Rocket+ vs Leafs 7PM EST Sportsnet & RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Yeah, and I know fans love this. But in the NHL, it ain't the way to play all the time. You just can't do that all the time, every time. It screws up the systems (or the concepts) and it certainly destabilizes even his teammates. Hockey at that level is all about automatisms. When you have a player like Hudson who free wheels ALL THE TIME, it warps alot of concepts and systematic plays. Not sure he will be able to do that all the time at the pro level.

I know that it's not a popular opinion here, but I'm not convinced yet. He's exciting for sure. But in team concepts, not convinced yet.
One thing is certain. Whenever Hutson will be on the ice, his ice-mates will have to be laser-focused and sharp-minded on player assignments and/or positioning. I'm having a hard time following him from D to counter-attacking as second/third forward to going back to D, permutating with his D linemate, back to pushing forward with the puck.
What do you do as a coach 😂

Reactions: Habano

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
He is a real Gem. If he can remain quiet in his crease he will jump one and maybe two goaltenders. I'm convinced of it.
Those of us who watched Laval knew as much. I think there’s quite a few on here who are getting their first exposure to Dobes.

Reactions: Andrei79

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Newhook looks slower this year. I noticed it last game too.

Didn't he gain a ton of weight this summer?

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
I don't understand that play along the boards by Armia there, he was looking right at the Leafs player

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad