GDT: Preseason Game 3 - Laval Rocket+ vs Leafs 7PM EST Sportsnet & RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
Not sure you're on the same thread as me. I would think we are getting molested tonight.
1000006667.png

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
Meh, this is just one of those nights where our propsects get roughed-up by a stronger opponent and show nerves fighting for a potential spot.

And then after getting dominated in basically all facets of the game early-on they try to do something, anything, which means they play a bit more loose and recklesslly.

And that, paired with just crisper play on the Leafs part vs. our Canadiens just exacerbates the whole problem and makes our younguns look worse than they actually are.

Yeah, I would have wanted to see more positive from some players out there, including Joshua Roy, Beck, and Kapanen. But it is what it is, and we should take the good with the bad.
For sure. Most of these guys are gone after tonight and then we get serious. All good

Reactions: dinodebino

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Hutson will be a headache for Robidas and St. Louis to coach. Always wants to go forward, thank god Therrien ain't the coach anymore with
Yeah, and I know fans love this. But in the NHL, it ain't the way to play all the time. You just can't do that all the time, every time. It screws up the systems (or the concepts) and it certainly destabilizes even his teammates. Hockey at that level is all about automatisms. When you have a player like Hudson who free wheels ALL THE TIME, it warps alot of concepts and systematic plays. Not sure he will be able to do that all the time at the pro level.

I know that it's not a popular opinion here, but I'm not convinced yet. He's exciting for sure. But in team concepts, not convinced yet.

Essenege

Oct 5, 2019
Easton Cowan is legit. Unfortunately Leafs got a better player than we did in that draft. Unacceptable. 2022 and 2024 will make up for it, but still…

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad