GDT: Preseason Game 3 - Laval Rocket+ vs Leafs 7PM EST Sportsnet & RDS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

neopreneur

Sponsor
Jul 12, 2004
Aylmer, Qc
Yeah but there's more to it than that. Pietrangelo had great puck skills and poise, Reinbacher has been handling it like a live grenade thus far. He's not as bad as he's been so far, but he's also not anywhere near as good as Pietrangelo was at the same age.
Pietrangelo had better puck skills in NHL pre-season at the same age?

austin316

Oct 4, 2016
Clearly we still need to find a top RD moving forward as we continue to build our team.

On another note, what’s the point of dressing an entire AHL lineup when we have so many areas our team needs to work on? Not sure this accomplishes anything having our prospects get dominated by an NHL team.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Don't sleep on Dobes. He's better than Primeau already, imo.

Let's see how we play next two periods. Got the omg we are playing a full, NHL team without many of our established NHLers period over with.
If you look at Dobes, you see an impressive athlete whose NCAA numbers were very impressive. Folks who think Fowler is the future may have those views altered soon by Dobes. Habs have some impressive goalie prospects

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I DO HOPE that they thought the world out of him. That they REALLY see him, with time, a top 2 D. That's what a top 5 pick should be. Not 3 or 4. Top 2. 'Cause a top 5 pick up front is most like not only top 6...but maybe even top 3.
Watch the draft video, they loved him. Saw in him great offensive prowess. They were describing something huge. We’ll see if they had it right, unless it was all for show…

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
It's pre-season for the Habs but HF is already in mid-season firm. Never change, HF Habs.
Just surprising that it’s veteran posters that should know better than to jump off a cliff this quick into someone’s career. I mean our very own 1st overall pick looked worse than that. Here we are judging a known project in his first game against top NHLers.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I'll end this Reinbacher thing now....but let just be real here...if any of the teams we hated, Boston, Ottawa, Toronto would have had the top 5 pick and would have picked Rein...imagine how we would have laughed at them. Be real. Nobody would have thought this as a good pick....and we would have laughed at the pick.

NOW, today...he's ours. We all know what we thought and still think of the pick. We have NO CHOICE but to wait and hope for a progression. Right now, the pick wasn't good. What will save the pick is not the pick itself, it's his development.

So in Laval.....slowly learn the calendar and the smaller ice surface....and come here in 2 years. I would leave him there 2 years UNLESS it's a dramatic development this year. I don't expect it. But been wrong before...(hello Kapanen...)

Reactions: ThaDevilGirl

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
If you look at Dobes, you see an impressive athlete whose NCAA numbers were very impressive. Folks who think Fowler is the future may have those views altered soon by Dobes. Habs have some impressive goalie prospects
He is a real Gem. If he can remain quiet in his crease he will jump one and maybe two goaltenders. I'm convinced of it.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Clearly we still need to find a top RD moving forward as we continue to build our team.

On another note, what’s the point of dressing an entire AHL lineup when we have so many areas our team needs to work on? Not sure this accomplishes anything having our prospects get dominated by an NHL team.
No one sends veterans to away games.

Sagikev

Chadstudsky
Sep 16, 2018
Decent period for Barron he's crumpling players along the wall and clearing the zone effectively.
Tough go for Reinbacher and I found Kapanen struggling a bit against bigger stronger players.
Like most kids Kapanen needs to get stronger, because everything else is NHL ready or really close. Good skating, good hands, quick thinking, IQ, vision, it's all there

Reactions: Rapala

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad