GDT: Preseason Game 3 - Anaheim Ducks @ Los Angeles Kings , 3pm PT

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
LA were missing a bunch of their regulars as well. They probably had a better lineup than us but I don't think by much
I disagree personally, their had their entire first line who created all of the goals, as well as like what 4/6 starting D? . They are also a top team and we are a bottom feeder to boot. That being said it wasn't an awe-inspiring performance for us by any means.

Reactions: Kalv

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
It was ugly. The game plan was awful. They sent 4 forwards up to the offensive blue line basically, leaving just the 2 D to work back and forth and try to find a slot to move it up. While the D (which included Zell) kept sort of fumbling it, that gives no control options to the team, as the Kings can just cover those guys that are basically unmoving.

The forwards minus 2 on the blue line boards should have come back with the D and moved with them to give some threat to breaking in with speed. Even a flying V would have been better than that crap.

After today, I think I’ve figured out why the Ducks don’t broadcast preseason games; at least the early ones.

John

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Even for a Kings game that was dreadfully boring.

Reminding myself that it’s September and these games aren’t predictive but I wish I was seeing more signs of an effective offensive system.
Im wondering if Cronin can teach an effective offensive system or if he will be a hinderance to unlocking our young guns full offensive potential. This is a huge year for Cronin IMO as far as helping the kids progress.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Hopefully Clune makes a difference as well. Yes, people refer to him as the “PP coach” but he’s in charge of the forwards, the same way Thompson is in charge of the d-men.

It’s Cronin’s system, but hoping Clune has some input and can fine tune things with the more offensive guys.

Reactions: Kalv
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
3 preseason games in and I still have zero confidence in Cronin's coaching

I wonder if he’s still throwing the team under the bus in his post game interviews?

Im wondering if Cronin can teach an effective offensive system or if he will be a hinderance to unlocking our young guns full offensive potential. This is a huge year for Cronin IMO as far as helping the kids progress.

He can’t, never could. That’s why he’s abysmal at his first coaching gig lol

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I disagree personally, their had their entire first line who created all of the goals, as well as like what 4/6 starting D? . They are also a top team and we are a bottom feeder to boot. That being said it wasn't an awe-inspiring performance for us by any means.
Well, they also will get Doughty back at some point. But yeah... we had 1 NHL regular defenceman in Zelly, and even he has only half a season under his belt.
Which also I think showed in how the teams were supressing opposition and breaking out. We just were not there, albeit I thought Warren and Smith were better then I expected, they're still AHL level right now

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

70sSanO

Apr 21, 2015
Mission Viejo, CA
Toronto has been great at developing offensive talent. LA has stressed defense.

But there is a fine line to balance both.

I’m not a Cronin fan. The proof will be in the winning or losing.

John

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Teaching two way or defensive hockey is important, but if you can't develop young offensive talent your organization is going to be stuck
I agree with this and it’s a concern but I’m hoping Cronin can be like a Ken Hitchcock type coach here

Defensive oriented but can still get a lot of star offensive players

LuGBuG

Quack Quack
Sponsor
Mar 16, 2006
Ducks
I wonder if he’s still throwing the team under the bus in his post game interviews?

He can’t, never could. That’s why he’s abysmal at his first coaching gig lol
Never could. Never as in the one season he coached an injury riddled team with absolutely no depth and their best players being kids.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad