GDT: Preseason Game 2: Red Wings vs chicago 9/27/24 7:00 pm et

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Wow, notably both players that weren't on the top pairing.

Chiarot isn't ideal, but he looked fine down the stretch with Seider last year. Everyone ought to be resigned with seeing how it works out to start this season because there are no other good options right now. Maata is not someone that's going to thrive on the top pairing, nor is he going to necessarily be steady, much less passable.
That's quite literally Chiarot, but since we've been disappointed with the pairing before it's ok to be disappointed with it again? I'll pass. Try something else.

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
I mean, nobody believes that Olli Määttä is a reincarnation of Rod Langway, that's not the point. The point is, why coaches are not trying something else besides what was obviously not working? I'm ok with giving Johansson, Määttä or maybe even Gustafsson or Wallinder a run with Seider just to test what might be a solution.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
I think the bigger problem is rd2 tbh. If we had a good rd2, it would take a lof the pressure off Seider. Maybe Ed can do that on ld2.

Reactions: lilidk

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
If Maata is on a first line in the NHL, the team is definitely not one competing. It’s a team that’s just starting a rebuild. He is nowhere near a top 4 D in this league on a good team.

Chiarot was arguably one of the best D on the team down the stretch for this team to finish out the year. He’s the guy come playoffs who will shine when the games become more physical.

If you look at the division, most of the teams have a professional face puncher on the team. I rather not have Mo fight or be involved in getting his face punched for not wanting to drop the gloves (which in reality the type of player he is, he will be dropping the gloves…)

But by the looks of it we will have to agree to disagree. I just really think Chiarot is one of the least appreciated players on the team because of a few too many bad plays, which more often then not are with bad players on the ice and him trying to force something out of nothing. Wait until this team makes the playoffs this year or is a least in the hunt again and then tell me Ollie freaking Maata should be on the first line with Mo Seider over Chiarot…..

Again the only potential player suited to be a #2 that’s on this current roster is Ed. Nobody else should qualify for this position and the fact that we are debating it shows how this team still has a while to go before being a contender again.

That is correct, sir.

Nate was great.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I think the bigger problem is rd2 tbh. If we had a good rd2, it would take a lof the pressure off Seider. Maybe Ed can do that on ld2.
It should be Ed, but it won't be. Lalonde has already gone on the record this preseason stating he doesn't expect Mo's deployment to change at all. If he's getting tossed to the wolves again, it would behoove the coaching staff to give him someone other than Chiarot who just runs around doing whatever every shift. With that level of competition Mo needs a partner that supports him, not one that willfully chooses not to.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad