GDT: Preseason Game 2: Red Wings vs chicago 9/27/24 7:00 pm et

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Maatta is a serviceable 5/6 guy. I don’t think he should be anywhere near the top line.

I do think Chiarot is best fit for the 2nd line as well, but out of everyone else available (again except for the exception of Ed) I think Chiarot is best suited beside Mo.

Let’s put it this way, who would you rather have on the ice with Mo after he makes one of his bone crushing hits? Maata or Chiarot?

I think the idea of having them together is letting Mo play more freely without having to worry about consequences and standing up for himself (which we all know he can if need be)

Also think he can learn from Chiarot in the aspect of playing a meaner style defensive game. I don’t think he can learn anything from Maata. Chiarot in his prime was one mean SOB to play against. Would love for Mo to have some of those traits while being a 10x better hockey player than Chiarot ever was.
I would rather have Maatta with Mo in any situation. There is literally nothing in Chiarot's game that I want Mo to emulate.

Mo in the AHL and SHL was plenty mean. It's something he can do, but it's not what is being asked of him now.

Reactions: lilidk

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I would rather have Maatta with Mo in any situation. There is literally nothing in Chiarot's game that I want Mo to emulate.

Mo in the AHL and SHL was plenty mean. It's something he can do, but it's not what is being asked of him now.
Matta hasn't looked that same since he had pneumonia, and he's always been slow He only looks good because he's been getting sheltered minutes. Average only 16:03 last season playing bottom pair.

Chiarot isn't first pair D, but that doesn't mean Matta is a better choice.

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal

If Mo throws a big hit. And he’s with anyone else not named Chiarot, he’s probably dropping the gloves. Chiarot being there is an extra layer of insulation.

I think Chiarot plays really big around the net and is excellent at moving bodies around. Good trait for a defensemen to have not just one named Mo Seider.

The hatred towards Chiarot I just think is exaggerated more than it should be. I’m no ways is he my favourite player. Just think he brings a lot more value than most here give him credit for

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
If Mo throws a big hit. And he’s with anyone else not named Chiarot, he’s probably dropping the gloves. Chiarot being there is an extra layer of insulation.

I think Chiarot plays really big around the net and is excellent at moving bodies around. Good trait for a defensemen to have not just one named Mo Seider.

The hatred towards Chiarot I just think is exaggerated more than it should be. I’m no ways is he my favourite player. Just think he brings a lot more value than most here give him credit for
Or he can just not drop gloves. Learn from Kronwall. Leave bodies in your wake and smile at them when they lose their shit.

Chia runs around and gets himself into more trouble than he solves by running around. Maatta plays within himself. Positionally Olli is much more sound.

I don't hate Chia. I hate his deployment.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Or he can just not drop gloves. Learn from Kronwall. Leave bodies in your wake and smile at them when they lose their shit.

Chia runs around and gets himself into more trouble than he solves by running around. Maatta plays within himself. Positionally Olli is much more sound.

I don't hate Chia. I hate his deployment.

Your logic is always so inconsistent.

Why is it OK to have placeholder forwards like Copp, but not placeholder defensemen like Chiarot and Petry who are both cheaper than Copp? Chiarot has 2 seasons left, Petry's contract expires this season.

Chiarot is paid like a middle pair D, Petry like a bottom pair. Their usage is on the coach, the lack of second pair RHD and top pair LHD is Stevie's fault. LHD will eventually be filled by Ed, RHD probably by ASP.

Also, Copp is 10 ply, at least Chia and Petry will throw a few checks. If Copp made less than $4M, threw a few checks, and had a shorter contract I would hate him a lot less.

Reactions: ShanahanMan

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Your logic is always so inconsistent.

Why is it OK to have placeholder forwards like Copp, but not placeholder defensemen like Chiarot and Petry who are both cheaper than Copp? Chiarot has 2 seasons left, Petry's contract expires this season.

Chiarot is paid like a middle pair D, Petry like a bottom pair. Their usage is on the coach, the lack of second pair RHD and top pair LHD is Stevie's fault. LHD will eventually be filled by Ed, RHD probably by ASP.

Also, Copp is 10 ply, at least Chia and Petry will throw a few checks. If Copp made less than $4M, threw a few checks, and had a shorter contract I would hate him a lot less.
There is no inconsistency. I just prefer one of our other placeholder defensemen to hold the place. We've got what? 4 of them under contract? It doesn't always have to be Chiarot and Petry.

RRhoads

Mar 10, 2015
Norway
It definitely isnt just restricted to the US because I'm in Cnada and watched the last game like that. I would be surprised if you couldnt download the wings app in Europe but maybe I guess? Seems odd though
Yeah, can't download it here. I have the APK for Android downloaded, and I could probably install, but haven't tried. For anyone interested, you can use Android apps with Windows 11(and 10?). Could maybe try to download just the APK and give it a try.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Tarasenko first game in a Wings uniform. Can't say I'm not excited. Looks like the duo we'll have for the season is in net unless Husso channels Pekka Rinne

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
we need some HF assclowns to livestream announce this thing. like MST3000.

WingFanSD

Jul 19, 2011
man in there own home and cant get announcers for the game. chicago at least had that, even if they were annoying.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad