GDT: Preseason Game 2: Red Wings vs chicago 9/27/24 7:00 pm et

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JediOrderPizza

Apr 15, 2012
Tampa, Fl
You can watch it on your phone!

zNl5Rca.gif

aJBV9u4.gif

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
I wouldn't be surprised if we don't see a ton of Kane this pre-season. I also wouldn't be surprised to see them rest him on back to backs as well.

That 1st line would I think make an excellent 3rd line if say Kasper/Danielson could lock down the 2C role with Kane....

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I really dont think that line is any worse than what Kasper was given to show what he has. MBN is a shiny new toy but it was his first game in North America as a new draftee. Soderblom i s just kinda meh. Snively is one of the best scorers in the AHL, for a first preseason game hes probably helping you out as much as MBN is. Chiasson is at worst a wash with Soderblom as well.

They BOTH deserve better wingers so the team can better understand where they're at in development. They should be playing with Kane/Ray/DBC/Tank/Compher (as a winger).

Chiasson will be fired up, he wants a contract.

1878rgw

Jun 29, 2017
I dont think some people figured this out last game so I'll say it so more people find out. The game is geolocked on the wings website, but if you download the app and click the stream on there you can watch for free
The app is restricted to the US.

izlez

Carter Mazur Fan Club
Feb 28, 2012
Ugh, I just remembered that preseason games in Detroit are usually just the feed from the jumbotron and 100X worse than what we had on Wednesday

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
Good thing it’s pre season then.

Time for them to build chemistry for the regular season and playoffs.

...Have you not watched any Red Wings games since 2022? Chiarot-Seider has been tried quite a bit. Each time it does not work. It sucked for the 41 games they tried it in 2022-23. It sucked in the 20 or so games they tried it in 2023-24.

giphy.gif

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
...Have you not watched any Red Wings games since 2022? Chiarot-Seider has been tried quite a bit. Each time it does not work. It sucked for the 41 games they tried it in 2022-23. It sucked in the 20 or so games they tried it in 2023-24.

giphy.gif
Asides from Ed, not quite sure who else you want him paired with. Chiarot is definitely the best of the rest…

I don't mind the pairing. They are definitely to big, mean defensemen to play against. Also don’t think it “sucks” as much as you’re making it out to be.

If this is all we have to worry being a red wings fan, then this is one freaking awesome playoff contending team we have and I can’t wait for the parade next summer.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
You want to give Danielson a shot at making the team and then proceed to give him two garbage players at his wing.
That's usually how we do things in Detroit.

Boooooooo

Chiarot-Seider. AGAIN.

Why must this happen?
Because we traded Walman for some reason. We aren't going to put Ed there to start the year so there are no options but Chiarot.

DoMakc

Jun 28, 2006
I think Chiarot is worst signing by Yzerman , both in terms of player and term/money. Holl was better last season because he didn't play. Chiarot unfortunately did.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I will never understand the Chiarot hate.
I dislike Lalonde far more than Chiarot. However listening to what he has to say about how he approaches his job it's starting to even out.

Asides from Ed, not quite sure who else you want him paired with. Chiarot is definitely the best of the rest…

I don't mind the pairing. They are definitely to big, mean defensemen to play against. Also don’t think it “sucks” as much as you’re making it out to be.

If this is all we have to worry being a red wings fan, then this is one freaking awesome playoff contending team we have and I can’t wait for the parade next summer.
Maatta > Chiarot. And always has been.

• Wow
Reactions: 13to40

13to40

Feb 29, 2016
Montreal
I dislike Lalonde far more than Chiarot. However listening to what he has to say about how he approaches his job it's starting to even out.

Maatta > Chiarot. And always has been.
Maatta is a serviceable 5/6 guy. I don’t think he should be anywhere near the top line.

I do think Chiarot is best fit for the 2nd line as well, but out of everyone else available (again except for the exception of Ed) I think Chiarot is best suited beside Mo.

Let’s put it this way, who would you rather have on the ice with Mo after he makes one of his bone crushing hits? Maata or Chiarot?

I think the idea of having them together is letting Mo play more freely without having to worry about consequences and standing up for himself (which we all know he can if need be)

Also think he can learn from Chiarot in the aspect of playing a meaner style defensive game. I don’t think he can learn anything from Maata. Chiarot in his prime was one mean SOB to play against. Would love for Mo to have some of those traits while being a 10x better hockey player than Chiarot ever was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad