GDT: Preseason Game 2 - Anaheim Ducks vs San Jose Sharks, 7pm PT. (To Stream or not to Stream)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Damnit I jinxed it with Gushchin but at least we get to watch more.

Helleson wasn’t impressive in college when we made the trade. Hes a call up at best at this point. I just remember him getting rocked by Byfield when he tried to hit him in WJC.

Colangelo skates better than what reports said of him before he transferred to the other school. He must have really made big improvements.

ZegrassyKnoll

Dec 2, 2016
OT looked pretty bad but that’s to be expected from a preseason game.

All in all, happy with the game tonight and with the compete of the NHL guys. Gauthier’s shot volume is very refreshing.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
So quick thoughts about the guys likely to make the team or might be on the cusp.

Leo: looks faster and more confident than last season. His first step has improved but he was a little careless with the puck at times and he absolutely needs to work on his faceoffs.

Cutter: he was a bit sloppy at times but executed some really nice passes too. Definitely still getting a feel for things but I was really impressed with his effort level tonight on both sides of the puck.

Leo-Cutter chemistry: I still think they look good together. It's not Getzlaf and Perry or PK-Teemu chemistry yet but they find each other a lot better than Leo would with Killorn or Terry last year.

Terry: I liked his game tonight. He was dangerous when he had the opportunities to be and he showed enough trust in his linemates to not force plays with his hero puck nonsense from last year. He didn't find the back of the net but I was happy with his play.

Mac: he can still be a bit of an adventure at times when the puck is on his stick but he definitely looks faster and more experienced. It just doesn't seem to me like he's gotten stronger either in body or on his skates. Hope he works on that over the course of the season.

Zegras: I thought it was a solid performance for the most part. No razzle dazzle but he looked to be making strong hockey plays including that assist. And he, like Mac, looks faster. Definitely some carelessness with the puck here and there, especially on that OT shift but I see no reason why this guy can't hit at least 60 points this year.

Second line overall: I don't think they showed superlative chemistry or anything but it didn't feel like there was a significant disconnect either. I like this trio and think they should stick together.

Luneau: there's still some signs of inexperience at times but I really don't see how they leave this kid off the team. He's added so much size and speed in spite of missing all that time. It's really kind of remarkable how he managed to do that.

Lacombe: solid game overall. Might have to see how he handles a better NHL roster but he looks significantly improved. Consistently made the right plays on and off the puck.

Colangelo: might be an unpopular take but I think he needs to cook in the AHL for a while. He played better than in the rookie tournament but only marginally. The foundation is there for him to be an effective NHLer eventually but I just don't see him as effective enough right now. He didn't show *it* against prospects and he didn't show it tonight.

Hit post before I was done.

Pastujov: I can see him getting an injury call up but while he's not a super mistake prone player, he doesn't really do a lot to advance the play either.

Didn't really get strong impressions from anyone else at least off the top of my head. Pysyk looked solid again. Dostal was steady.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad