GDT: Preseason Game 2 - Anaheim Ducks vs San Jose Sharks, 7pm PT. (To Stream or not to Stream)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

branmuffin17

Sep 10, 2014
Santa Ana, CA
That was a great rush by Luneau. Solid control and a nice give and go before dishing it across to Z. He definitely looks bigger, he's hitting/bodying up a lot so far, he definitely looks more ready for NHL games than last year's short stint.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Overall I thought the team could've played better given the quality of the opponent.

Killorn looks like he's no more comfortable with this team than he was last year. Cutter's been a bit sloppy. Luneau is the most visible defenseman on the ice for better or worse (some shaky moments defensively). Leo looks faster and energized but he's been a bit sloppy too.

I think generally, everyone could stand to make better plays with the puck on their stick, save for the passing play on the goal.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Overall I thought the team could've played better given the quality of the opponent.

Killorn looks like he's no more comfortable with this team than he was last year. Cutter's been a bit sloppy. Luneau is the most visible defenseman on the ice for better or worse (some shaky moments defensively). Leo looks faster and energized but he's been a bit sloppy too.

I think generally, everyone could stand to make better plays with the puck on their stick, save for the passing play on the goal.
Killorn is 100% playing like a 30+ vet in the first preseason game. Lackluster less than practice effort.

More concerning is that so are some of the under 24’s.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Killorn is 100% playing like a 30+ vet in the first preseason game. Lackluster less than practice effort.

More concerning is that so are some of the under 24’s.
It’s the first pre season game for our top guys. Let’s cut them a little slack maybe. If they look like this opening night. Maybe we really start to worry then

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

LaCombe's looked very smooth on the ice, winning pucks, and very steady. On the PK, I dunno if Luneau what he's doing, but LaCombe's quick recognition allows LaCombe to switch sides instantaneously.

Luneau's better at carrying the puck, but that passing needs to be better in the DZone.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Yikes. on the GA given up, the Ducks were playing like little league soccer. 3 Ducks around 1 shark in the corner is a defensive breakdown that the Sharks could easily expose if the puck gets back out quickly and it did.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
It’s the first pre season game for our top guys. Let’s cut them a little slack maybe. If they look like this opening night. Maybe we really start to worry then
I’m fine with Killorn playing like that. Also Gudas, Fowler, Vatrano, and Strome.

The kids need to be playing not coasting. None of them have proven a damned thing yet. They don’t need to be going 110%, but play like you have something to prove.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad