Cut/Released: Preseason Cuts thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

I remember thinking Corral was an interesting prospect

He likely hurt his career with whatever happened in New England when he went MIA and Pats ultimately didn't sign him
Outside chance he lands on their PS but it’s not been smooth for Corral. Injured in the bowl game. Injured in camp with panthers. Goes to NE. And that mia. Now cut from Vikings roster. They only brought him in after JJ went down so really just a camp arm.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Corral wasn’t even starting in the UFL
UFL and CFL starving for QBs. So if you can’t be a starter there you really have no nfl hopes. Get why there are so many super senior QBs in ncaa. Get that NIL money as your chances in the nfl are likely to be slim. If you are not a rd 1/2 QB probably best to not leave any eligibility remaining. I don’t think we will see as many JR QBs declare unless they are high picks.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg

Probably won't get a better example of how cruel sports can be than Patrick for the moment. Had a solid 2020 and 2021 with 700+ receiving yards and 5 or 6 TDs. Gets a solid 3 year, 36 million dollar extension. Then he suffers back to back season ending injuries. He will likely never get to play a snap on the deal he signed back after 2021.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

Probably won't get a better example of how cruel sports can be than Patrick for the moment. Had a solid 2020 and 2021 with 700+ receiving yards and 5 or 6 TDs. Gets a solid 3 year, 36 million dollar extension. Then he suffers back to back season ending injuries. He will likely never get to play a snap on the deal he signed back after 2021.

Base salary of $1.3 mill so it's low for a veteran. But, from what we've seen of trades, talking late day 3 pick of about rd 6 or something.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland

Doesn't seem all that cruel

Reactions: DaaaaB's

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Saints going with a new punter for the second year in a row.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

Saints going with a new punter for the second year in a row.

Hedley was roundly criticized by Saints fans. He doesn't seem to have much of a leg compared to most of today's punters who can routinely kick it 50+ yards and he seemed to save his worst efforts for critical late game situations. The staff liked his hang time and were seemingly ok with netting about 40 yards per kick but it obviously wasn't quite enough.

DaaaaB's

Apr 24, 2004
I recall Ika at the draft. Wasn't there a medical situation with him at the time?
For a Browns team that traded so much for Watson, they needed to hit on their remaining draft picks.
Yeah, he was taken off some teams board due to a medical red flag.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Yeah, he was taken off some teams board due to a medical red flag.
Wonder if this cut if medical related in that he couldn't get to where they wanted because of it.

I heard Mayock a year ago talking about medicals and the draft. Said, he liked Trey Smith OG whom KC took but he had a medical situation that the team doctors didn't ok, so they took him off the board. I remember years ago the Raiders took Hurst DL from Michigan after he fell due to a medical.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Hedley was roundly criticized by Saints fans. He doesn't seem to have much of a leg compared to most of today's punters who can routinely kick it 50+ yards and he seemed to save his worst efforts for critical late game situations. The staff liked his hang time and were seemingly ok with netting about 40 yards per kick but it obviously wasn't quite enough.
That got rid of Blake Gillikin who was perfectly fine and we never got a real good reason why

Reactions: My3Sons

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002

Farley had injury concerns at draft and I recall many teams wary of drafting him. Then tore his ACL his rookie year and additional injuries derailed his career
It was a high-risk pick

Torn ACL in 2017
Converted to corner in 2018 and was good
First team All-ACC in 2019
Covid opt-out in 2020
Torn ACL 2021
Herniated disk 2022
PUP in 2023, never played. And his house burned down.

only started 2 games

Reactions: Blackhawkswincup

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I feel bad for young guys trying to get foot in door

The practice squad used to be that for a lot of them

With rule changes allowing guys well into 30's being signed to practice squads its meant a lot less young guys getting shots or chance to break into league

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad