GDT: Preseason – Capitals at Sabres – Wed Oct 1, 7:00PM ET – TV: MSG-B – Radio: 550-AM

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
It seems to me that Reinhart is going to get the nine games and Grigs is going to Rochester, at least to start. I assume that is the majority opinion at this point?

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
I prefer to find a compromise that gives Reinhart time to shine, and also rewards Grigorenko for his clearly improved play. I would move Foligno to the 4th line to make that happen, and send someone else to Rochester (Flynn, Des).

Moulson-Ennis-Stafford
Hodgson-Grigorenko-Gionta
Girgensons-Reinhart-Stewart
Foligno-Mitchell-McCormick

I would anticipate injuries making some decisions easier by the time 9 games are up, and I wouldn't consider any roster adjustment (like Girgs at 3rd LW) as blasphemy during a try-out period. If both Reinhart and Grigorenko prove to be worth keeping up, that's a problem we should be pretty happy to have.

machpo

Apr 18, 2007
I prefer to find a compromise that gives Reinhart time to shine, and also rewards Grigorenko for his clearly improved play. I would move Foligno to the 4th line to make that happen, and send someone else to Rochester (Flynn, Des).

Moulson-Ennis-Stafford

I would anticipate injuries making some decisions easier by the time 9 games are up, and I wouldn't consider any roster adjustment (like Girgs at 3rd LW) as blasphemy during a try-out period. If both Reinhart and Grigorenko prove to be worth keeping up, that's a problem we should be pretty happy to have.

I like (at least to give Reinhart a taste.)

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
It seems to me that Reinhart is going to get the nine games and Grigs is going to Rochester, at least to start. I assume that is the majority opinion at this point?

If it is, it makes no sense. Grigorenko has clearly been playing like a top 6 forward, and Reinhart still generally looks lost.

sabrefan27

Mar 9, 2004
Rochester, NY
Nothing about Reinhart looked lost to me tonight, and there's absolutely nothing to lose by putting Grigorenko in Rochester for 3 weeks.

Keaganizer

Dec 29, 2013
I thought Reinhart had a great game. The way he backchecked, poke checked, etc. was quite impressive to me. The goal was just the icing on the cake. Although not the fastest skater, he has such a smooth and effortless stride.

As much hate as Strachan gets around here, I honestly thought he had a pretty decent game, with a very nice pass to Foligno to set up the goal. He's Rochester bound, no doubt, but I think he gets a bit unfairly hated on from what I've seen of him.

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005

Moulson-Ennis-Stafford

these are the lines I would go with, but can Des play the wing and Cody at C?

Bosswally

Aug 2, 2011
Chattanooga, TN

Moulson-Ennis-Stafford

I would send Reinhart back to juniors (maybe give him his 9 games) he doesnt look ready, after Reinos back in the OHL I would slide Girgs to center and bring Foligno up to the 3rd line, Foligno-Girgs-Stewart is a damn good 3rd line, then plug in someone to 4th line until Kaleta is back

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey
I would send Reinhart back to juniors (maybe give him his 9 games) he doesnt look ready, after Reinos back in the OHL I would slide Girgs to center and bring Foligno up to the 3rd line, Foligno-Girgs-Stewart is a damn good 3rd line, then plug in someone to 4th line until Kaleta is back

He'd be back in the WHL with Kootenay should they send him back.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
these are the lines I would go with, but can Des play the wing and Cody at C?

McCormick can play C, but I'm not sure Deslauriers could be on the roster unless someone else was exposed to waivers or cut. Kaleta would be on IR but I think he'd still have to be on the roster as one of 14 FWs, and the other extra would be Dalpe. I couldn't care less about losing Dalpe though, so if Murray likes the idea of both Grigs and Reinhart on the roster and Des starting too, I imagine Dalpe would clear waivers and go to Roch. I'm not the resident waivers/call-up expert here though.

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY

If they do send Reinhart back, I'm all aboard that line-up (Des-Mitchell-McCormick), but it would also depend on Grigorenko's performance. He may keep clicking with Hodgson, he may be better off between Foligno and Stewart. Injuries may make the decisions.

Paxon

202? Stanley Cup Champions
Jul 13, 2003
Rochester, NY
Is Grigorenko hurt or something? He wasn't playing most of the 3rd

When he was called for high-sticking in the third his face got cut on the play. He went to the dressing room and Stewart served his penalty. It seems he never returned. Maybe he needed stitches. I can see why they wouldn't be in a rush in any event, it being a 6 - 1 preseason game.

kenfury

Feb 5, 2011
[NHL]635774[/NHL]

Great to see Stewart stick up for Foligno here.

I'm really warming to the idea of Stewart riding shotgun for one of the young centers be it Samson or Grigs. He can finish at a higher rate than a typical grinder and keeps them away from the physical stuff. A 20g, 20a , 100 PIM season would be a blessing for everyone involved.

cramdizzl

cram it
Jan 5, 2012
Western NY
I was pretty unimpressed with Foligno tonight. He scored, yeah, but the play died on his stick just so many times. I remember one play in particular where he received a really nice short pass from Reinhart with room to skate, and he immediately tried to pass it to Stewart on the opposite wing and hit a defenseman in the skates, killing the rush. I noticed that quite a bit last season as well.

hizzoner

Sponsor
Jun 19, 2006
Nice to see Sam get a goal but he is not nhl ready. Unless there is a desire to let him make a few bucks playing some nhl games I see no reason to keep him in Buffalo. Grigorenko has outplayed him and deserves to be in Buffalo over him for this year. Tonight's game was against a crappy Caps team playing without its stars and with a slow leaky D corps. Still fun to see the goals. My tank aspirations are in jeopardy!

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
I was pretty unimpressed with Foligno tonight. He scored, yeah, but the play died on his stick just so many times. I remember one play in particular where he received a really nice short pass from Reinhart with room to skate, and he immediately tried to pass it to Stewart on the opposite wing and hit a defenseman in the skates, killing the rush. I noticed that quite a bit last season as well.

I noticed him keeping the play alive along the boards on his knees before securing the puck and sending a beauty cross ice pass to Stewart ..who then fed Reinhart for his first goal.

I thought Marcus played a very good game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad