Premier League 2017-2018

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Indeed, it says a lot.
3 different newspapers and a long time football fan rate him as the best player on the pitch.

Yet, OF COURSE, a guy on HFboards that never shined from his football knowledge knows better.

Fine indeed.

Son got a 3 in most paper :)

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
I haven't watched enough Liverpool to really gauge Son v. Sane, but Son really blossomed last year, he's such a quality EPL player.

That said, when Spurs played Liverpool, I seem to remember Sane giving one of our fullbacks a HELL of a time (I can't remember if it was Rose or Walker, idk what side Sane usually plays on).

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
I haven't watched enough Liverpool to really gauge Son v. Sane, but Son really blossomed last year, he's such a quality EPL player.

That said, when Spurs played Liverpool, I seem to remember Sane giving one of our fullbacks a HELL of a time (I can't remember if it was Rose or Walker, idk what side Sane usually plays on).

I think you're confusing Leroy Sane with Sadio Mane.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
C'mon now, as it stands right now Heung-min Son being better than Bernardo Silva is hysterical. And I like Son. Obviously, Silva could end up not transitioning to the EPL very well, and then we can revive this. But based on track record, it's pretty easily Bernardo.

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
C'mon now, as it stands right now Heung-min Son being better than Bernardo Silva is hysterical. And I like Son. Obviously, Silva could end up not transitioning to the EPL very well, and then we can revive this. But based on track record, it's pretty easily Bernardo.

Spurs have all the best players. Duh!!

Havre

Jul 24, 2011

I'm not sure if anyone said Son was the better player.

Yes, he could end up transitioning to the EPL very well. Basically the same thing I said (just the other way around - it not being a given he will).

Nothing hysterical about any of that.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010

I'm not sure it's hysterical. I think Son is a bit underrated. Why would Silva be 'easily better' based on track record? Son has been more productive each of the last 4 seasons and internationally.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Spurs have all the best players. Duh!!

Even if things have gone well lately for Spurs I am not optimistic for next season at all. The loss of WHL is immense. Don't expect Wembley to have a good atmosphere, and the larger pitch makes our pressing game much harder. And on top of that those ****ing *******s schedule us to play Arsenal, Liverpool and Man U in 11 days.

As much as i hate to admit it, I wouldn't be surprised if an exodus happens next summer.

Yes. Trippier is several months younger than Walker. Haha.

Mourinho has often said fairly nice things about Spurs for some reason.

Personally I would be quite surprised if Spurs end up in the top four. Could see it being a fight for 5th with Arsenal. But anyone in the top 6 could win it with some luck.

I guess the two most active Spursfans on this board. The optimism and Spurs-favoritism is crazy :laugh:

phisherman

Apr 17, 2015
I'm not sure it's hysterical. I think Son is a bit underrated. Why would Silva be 'easily better' based on track record? Son has been more productive each of the last 4 seasons and internationally.

I don't think you can count international productivity. A lot of it is South Korea beating up on lesser Asian teams.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I don't think you can count international productivity. A lot of it is South Korea beating up on lesser Asian teams.

Yeah I was going to actually mention that but didn't bother editing my post. Still, it's not like Silva has some long track record of being a world beater. The talent is certainly there but I don't think it's clear-cut that he's some massively better player than Son. But I also think that effectiveness is as important as talent and the most talented players are not always the most effective/best.

We'll see how Silva transitions to City, but right now there's hardly anything clear about who the better players are between Silva, Sane and Son; though both of Silva and Sane likely have a higher ceiling.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah I was going to actually mention that but didn't bother editing my post. Still, it's not like Silva has some long track record of being a world beater. The talent is certainly there but I don't think it's clear-cut that he's some massively better player than Son. But I also think that effectiveness is as important as talent and the most talented players are not always the most effective/best.

We'll see how Silva transitions to City, but right now there's hardly anything clear about who the better players are between Silva, Sane and Son; though both of Silva and Sane likely have a higher ceiling.

So the fact B. Silva was one of L1's best players, that he lead his team to a CL semi and torpedoed Son's team TWICE (while Son sucked in both games), all of this doesn't count as a pretty good argument one has shown more than the other :amazed: :laugh:

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
There are plenty of games where a player who is not as consistent or 'better' outperforms players that are better than them. Two games doesn't make a player especially when they are playing on a team that is clearly outclassing the other. If he's shown so much more why has Son outproduced him in every season?

Like last season in particular Silva had 11 goals and 12 assists in 4,296 minutes while Son had 21 goals, 10 assist in 2,972 minutes. Silva played the equivalent of 14 games more than Son...surely if he was 'massively better' he would have produced at least at a similar level especially given he played on one of the most offensive teams in Europe.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Oh sure B. Silva was good in the CL for only two games.

OK.

And B. Silva has never been about production only.

Maverick41

Cold-blooded Jelly Doughnut
Sponsor
Nov 9, 2005
Germany
Over the last year I have come to like Huddersfield Town quite a bit and I came across this gem which reminded me of some of the more creative GDTs I have seen on hfboards, and I thought it's worth to be shared here.

http://www.htfc-world.com/reports/Palace2/crystalpalace120817.htm

There seem to be a lot of inside jokes, but eventhough I didn't get all of them I found it very entertaining.

Edit: If you look at the link there is an icon in the top left corner of some of the pictures. If you click on that icon ou get another picture that continues the "story".

Last edited:

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Over the last year I have come to like Huddersfield Town quite a bit and I came across this gem which reminded me of some of the more creative GDTs I have seen on hfboards, and I thought it's worth to be shared here.

http://www.htfc-world.com/reports/Palace2/crystalpalace120817.htm

There seem to be a lot of inside jokes, but eventhough I didn't get all of them I found it very entertaining.

Edit: If you look at the link there is an icon in the top left corner of some of the pictures. If you click on that icon ou get another picture that continues the "story".

I hope they do well, I've followed Nakhi Wells a while and wanted to see how he did in the PL, but he's hurt and sounds like on the outs.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Haha. Sorry.

Please don´t say something ridiculous like Sissoko having a silky first touch or something - would ruin my point.

Havre

Jul 24, 2011
Crazy first touch at least. Best I have ever seen from a defender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad