Preds lines for next season right now

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
What’s with the bold? Lol
It adds it on mobile sometimes and you absolutely can not change it so you gotta go with it.

Forsberg did find and marry someone here in Nashville that is on the country music scene, they recently had a child together. I know both consider Nashville their forever home.
Josi's wife is a Belmont grad, a model and musician and they have 2 kids together. I don't know much else about her other than she's very easy to look at.
Not to mention Forsberg just signed his contract here not just a year or so ago, he knew what we were likely looking at when he signed it. If he was worried about Cup chasing he wouldn't have just signed back on.

Also there is a certain set of guys that want to spend their entire career in one city, good or bad.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
It seems like Trotz wants to be a playoff team but also not add any long term contracts that may come back to haunt us in the future. I don't think those two ideas are mutually exclusive but they will limit who we can pick up in free agency. Trotz did do a pretty good job of it last year with O'Reilly and Nyquist, but his attempts to fix the defense with Schenn didn't go quite so well. We'll see if Trotz sticks to that philosophy this offseason, but given how most of the long term UFA signings tend towards being flops I'm perfectly happy to not go big game hunting in free agency.

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
It seems like Trotz wants to be a playoff team but also not add any long term contracts that may come back to haunt us in the future. I don't think those two ideas are mutually exclusive but they will limit who we can pick up in free agency. Trotz did do a pretty good job of it last year with O'Reilly and Nyquist, but his attempts to fix the defense with Schenn didn't go quite so well. We'll see if Trotz sticks to that philosophy this offseason, but given how most of the long term UFA signings tend towards being flops I'm perfectly happy to not go big game hunting in free agency.
I mean when we signed Oreilly I know I was not impressed. Buy out duchene then sign Oreilly who’s not as talented as duchene and significantly older?
Also the Nyquist deal looked horrible at the time. An older guy as well that’s never had a season like he did last season.
Those two did turn out very well but there is no chance Trotzy knew either of those two would pan out as they did… do they both have enough gas left in the tank to continue that way? I feel they will both trend downward given age alone but yes last year was a nice surprise.

For the defense, I don’t even care if it’s a long term deal that goes badly towards the end. By that time we can just buy him out as we won’t have the turris Johansen or duchene deals anchoring us down.
Our defense is to dreadful for this to not happen. We need to sign 2 solid defenders I feel. I mean McDonagh leaving left a big hole too and he was on a contract that was only gonna get uglier and uglier. So who cares if we sign pesce or whatever to a long term deal. Our defense is that bad we have to almost….

We ideally need a top 6 forward and 2 top 4 defensemen be it trade or free agency. I personally feel the free agency route is better even if we have to buy out a couple years of a deal, still better than losing assets.

We are going to know a lot more about our lines for next season in the next week or so. I wanna say I’m excited but the preds have a way of letting us down so I’m “optimistic”

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I mean when we signed Oreilly I know I was not impressed. Buy out duchene then sign Oreilly who’s not as talented as duchene and significantly older?
Also the Nyquist deal looked horrible at the time. An older guy as well that’s never had a season like he did last season.
Those two did turn out very well but there is no chance Trotzy knew either of those two would pan out as they did… do they both have enough gas left in the tank to continue that way? I feel they will both trend downward given age alone but yes last year was a nice surprise.

For the defense, I don’t even care if it’s a long term deal that goes badly towards the end. By that time we can just buy him out as we won’t have the turris Johansen or duchene deals anchoring us down.
Our defense is to dreadful for this to not happen. We need to sign 2 solid defenders I feel. I mean McDonagh leaving left a big hole too and he was on a contract that was only gonna get uglier and uglier. So who cares if we sign pesce or whatever to a long term deal. Our defense is that bad we have to almost….

We ideally need a top 6 forward and 2 top 4 defensemen be it trade or free agency. I personally feel the free agency route is better even if we have to buy out a couple years of a deal, still better than losing assets.

We are going to know a lot more about our lines for next season in the next week or so. I wanna say I’m excited but the preds have a way of letting us down so I’m “optimistic”
I reserve the right to change my opinion, but right now I have zero optimism for this team, in the short term or long term.

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I reserve the right to change my opinion, but right now I have zero optimism for this team, in the short term or long term.
Well we will find out in the next 24 hours what happens. Should have a good grasp on next seasons lines tomorrow at this this. I agree, not going to get falsely excited to get let down as usual but here’s to hoping.

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Well Carrier is back so that already puts a wet sock on things.
Ugh, that is brutal. I just saw this too. Trotz is really butchering this offseason so far.

Extending Saros for ridiculous contract, losing askarov as a result for sure and now stupid carrier is back. So our top 2 dmen on the right are once again Fabbro and carrier. SMFH

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
Update after these moves so far today:

Forsberg Stamkos Marchessault
Nyquist O’Reilly Evangelista
Tomasino Novak Sissons
Smith Jankowski McCarron
Glass/Tomasino

Josi Skjei
Stastney Fabbro
Lauzon Schenn
Del Gaizo

Saros
Askarov

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
Well I never in a million years imagined the Stamkos scenario playing it out like it did. So kudos to those who fought my disbelief on that one! I thought Skjei was a realistic target, but as probably the best D on the market figured we might end up settling for Pesce/Zadorov instead. Marchessault I had in my lineup all along.

So we're at...

2024-25 Nashville Predators

Forsberg ($8.5M) - O'Reilly ($4.5M) - Nyquist ($3.185M)
Evangelista ($0.7975M) - Stamkos ($8M) - Marchessault ($5.5M)
Novak ($3.5M) - Glass ($2.5M) - Tomasino (RFA - $0.775M)
Jankowski ($0.900M) - Sissons ($2.857M) - Smith ($1M)
McCarron ($0.900M) - Parssinen (RFA - $0.775M)

Josi ($9.059M) - Fabbro ($2.5M)
Skjei ($7M) - Schenn ($2.75M)
Stastney (RFA - $0.775M) - Lauzon ($2M)
Del Gaizo (RFA - $0.775M)

Saros ($5M)
Wedgewood ($1.5M)

Ekholm retention: $0.250M
Johansen retention: $4M
Turris Buyout: $2M
Duchene Buyout: $5.5556M

TOTAL: $86.8541M
2024-25 NHL Cap: $88M
REMAINING CAP SPACE: $1.1459M

So it's pretty much "done" Cap-wise... although in what I'm showing above, I don't know that I really expect Glass or Tomasino to stick around on opening night. I don't think we get to use LTIR for our retention on Johansen? But if we could convert Glass's Cap hit into a RD, that'd be ideal. Maybe they thought they had Carrier fitting in there, but the 6-year term from Carolina scooped them. :dunno:

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Well I never in a million years imagined the Stamkos scenario playing it out like it did. So kudos to those who fought my disbelief on that one! I thought Skjei was a realistic target, but as probably the best D on the market figured we might end up settling for Pesce/Zadorov instead. Marchessault I had in my lineup all along.

So we're at...

2024-25 Nashville Predators

Forsberg ($8.5M) - O'Reilly ($4.5M) - Nyquist ($3.185M)
Evangelista ($0.7975M) - Stamkos ($8M) - Marchessault ($5.5M)
Novak ($3.5M) - Glass ($2.5M) - Tomasino (RFA - $0.775M)
Jankowski ($0.900M) - Sissons ($2.857M) - Smith ($1M)
McCarron ($0.900M) - Parssinen (RFA - $0.775M)

Josi ($9.059M) - Fabbro ($2.5M)
Skjei ($7M) - Schenn ($2.75M)
Stastney (RFA - $0.775M) - Lauzon ($2M)
Del Gaizo (RFA - $0.775M)

Saros ($5M)
Wedgewood ($1.5M)

Ekholm retention: $0.250M
Johansen retention: $4M
Turris Buyout: $2M
Duchene Buyout: $5.5556M

TOTAL: $86.8541M
2024-25 NHL Cap: $88M
REMAINING CAP SPACE: $1.1459M

So it's pretty much "done" Cap-wise... although in what I'm showing above, I don't know that I really expect Glass or Tomasino to stick around on opening night. I don't think we get to use LTIR for our retention on Johansen? But if we could convert Glass's Cap hit into a RD, that'd be ideal. Maybe they thought they had Carrier fitting in there, but the 6-year term from Carolina scooped them. :dunno:
I want to believe that one of the kids forces their way into the lineup. I'm talking about Pärssinen, Tomasino or L'Heureux, mainly with Svechkov having an outside shot.

So in terms of offense, something like:

Forsberg - O'Reilly - Nyquist
Stamkos - Pärssinen - Marchessault
Jankowski - Novak - Evangelista
Smith - Sissons - McCarron

Reactions: BringTheReign

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Defensive pairings has some interesting looks

Josi - Fabbro
Skjei - Schenn
Lauzon - Stastney

Skjei - Josi
Lauzon - Stastney
Del Gaizo - Schenn/Fabbro

Id like to not have Lauzon and Schenn on the same pair. Would actually like one to be traded but i think Fabbro is likely odd man out. Stastney can be a Carrier replacement so i like the look of the 1st setup personally but it has fabbro...

As for the forwards.... so many possibilities. The depth now allows for some spreading of the talent

Forsberg RoR Nyquist
Stamkos Pärssinen Marchessault
Novak Sissons Evangalista
Jankowski McCarron Smith

Forsberg RoR Evangalista
Stamkos Pärssinen Nyquist
Tomasino Novak Marchessault
Smith Sissons McCarron

One can dream
Forsberg RoR Nyquist
Stamkos Pinto Evangelista
L'Heureux Pärssinen Marchessault
Smith Sissons McCarron

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
My guess
Forsberg-ROR-Marchessault
Stamkos-Novak-Nyquit
rookie-Parssinen-Evangelista
Smith-Sissons-McCarron

Josi-Fabbro
Skjei-Lauzon (he played a lot at RD the past 2 seasons)
Stastney-Schenn

PREDy 4 the Cup

Go Preds Go!!
Aug 14, 2011
I can’t really see a scenario that stammer and FF9 aren’t on the same line. Steve can play centre or wing. He’s gonna play centre for us and I can’t see any other way. It’s just too tempting to play him with Filip. If Forsberg did that good with ROR imagine him with SS91??? He will be Stammers new Kucherov.

Also, we need another defenseman. I’m ok with Roman, Skjei and Fabs in the top 4 but none of the others are capable. This team could be so complete if that happens. Send glass down and make one more move.

Loving wedgy as backup over lankinen. Huge improvement.

Reactions: bdub24

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Also, good to keep in mind; Molendyk played on the right side almost exclusively in Saskatoon. Could be that they're leaving a spot for him to cash in at Camp...

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
Also, good to keep in mind; Molendyk played on the right side almost exclusively in Saskatoon. Could be that they're leaving a spot for him to cash in at Camp...
Didnt realize that. Stastney has also played lots of time at RHD i believe. Lots of flexibility in the dgroup as it stands right now. I think it would be best to have Josi and Skjei on separate pairings but i also loathe Lauzon/Schenn being a pair.

Gonna be a fun time waiting to see how this all pans out

triggrman

Where is Hipcheck85
Sponsor
May 8, 2002
Murfreesboro, TN
hfboards.com
I can’t really see a scenario that stammer and FF9 aren’t on the same line. Steve can play centre or wing. He’s gonna play centre for us and I can’t see any other way. It’s just too tempting to play him with Filip. If Forsberg did that good with ROR imagine him with SS91??? He will be Stammers new Kucherov.

Also, we need another defenseman. I’m ok with Roman, Skjei and Fabs in the top 4 but none of the others are capable. This team could be so complete if that happens. Send glass down and make one more move.

Loving wedgy as backup over lankinen. Huge improvement.
would be cool to have 3 40 goal guys on the same line.

Scoresberg

Perpetual Mediocrity
May 28, 2015
Earth
Didnt realize that. Stastney has also played lots of time at RHD i believe. Lots of flexibility in the dgroup as it stands right now. I think it would be best to have Josi and Skjei on separate pairings but i also loathe Lauzon/Schenn being a pair.

Gonna be a fun time waiting to see how this all pans out
With his cap hit, Schenn can't be in the press box.

Defense depth chart is now looking like this:

Josi
Skjei
Lauzon
Fabbro
Schenn
Statsney
MDG

herzausstein

Aug 31, 2014
West Virginia
With his cap hit, Schenn can't be in the press box.

Defense depth chart is now looking like this:

Josi
Skjei
Lauzon
Fabbro
Schenn
Statsney
MDG
Fabbro, Glass, and Schenn make about the same and they had no problem pressboxing Fabbro and Glass. Itll come down to preference and play. Granted i dont know if theyll all make it to start of season. Someone might get traded

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
My guess
Forsberg-ROR-Marchessault
Stamkos-Novak-Nyquit
rookie-Parssinen-Evangelista
Smith-Sissons-McCarron

Josi-Fabbro
Skjei-Lauzon (he played a lot at RD the past 2 seasons)
Stastney-Schenn
Probably about right unless Trotz has another D up his sleeve. If this is what we run with, I assume we'll be very active in the trade market for a Dman as the season progresses, which works for me.

Reactions: triggrman

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad