Rumor: Preds and leafs linked to Pesce

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Beukeboom Fan

Feb 27, 2002
Chicago, IL
Visit site
I'd have to look at the free agent list to confirm this but off the top of my head Pesce is the guy I want arguably the most in free agency, certainly the most in terms of the defensive market.

The Leafs have good pieces on defense Rielly, McCabe and Benoit are all good pieces.

What they not have is the guy that pulls the defense together.

If you can replace Brodie with Pesce that is a BIG step in that direction.

Having Rielly Pesce and McCabe as the top 3 would be a very solid top 3.

Then ideally you have Benoit anchoring the bottom pair

Your defense would look like this

Rielly Pesce

McCabe?

Benoit?

Or option B

Rielly?

McCabe Pesce

Benoit ?

Now if you went with option A you could put Benoit with McCabe because they played last year together and it worked, Benoit turned out to be a fantastic find for Toronto.

I didn't do that with option A because I wanted at least 1 guy on each pair but you could we know it works.

Option B still leaves the question of who plays with Rielly but I think McCabe and Pesce would be a hell of a shutdown pair.

Regardless you would still have a couple holes but Pesce would do A LOT for the Leafs defense over the next 4 years.
Just my $.02, but the Leafs need to add some puckmoving ability to their blueline. Of the guys you list, only Rielly would be considered above average. I think Pesce would be a good add, but he's a better McCabe/Benoit, and they are limited offensively.

Reactions: The Management

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I think in this case it’s about how Skjei is about to get really overpaid and Pesce is a stay home type that has absolutely helped Skjei be the player he’s become - for what people presume is a cheaper price. The RD thing in my head is more tied to pp types, which Pesce is not.
And that stay home type is why Trotz will want him to play with Josi.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

Double Dion

Jets fan 28/06/2014
Feb 9, 2011
Pesce ain't what he used to be this year from my limited viewings. Injuries has caught up to him because of this playstyle, but he's still la smart defender... He's a second pairing guy now.
You're 100% correct. He's a poison pill contract for someone this offseason. Someone will give him the 6X6 and regret it first season.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Just my $.02, but the Leafs need to add some puckmoving ability to their blueline. Of the guys you list, only Rielly would be considered above average. I think Pesce would be a good add, but he's a better McCabe/Benoit, and they are limited offensively.

Leafs need a couple pieces on defense, ideally one of them would be a puck mover but that doesn't mean that Pesce wouldn't be a difference maker because he would.

Reactions: Beukeboom Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad