Speculation: Predictions Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

deeshamrock

Jul 25, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
I think the Kings and Rangers as well, and as hockey fan, I want that, to see the 2 best goalies in the game going head to head, save to save, two top D's battling, Callahan and Co. taking on Brown and the boys.

I get that Pierre (like a lot of analysts) love the Pens mostly due to Crosby. And if healthy, he's the best player in the game. But I don't think Fluery or that Pens D can match the Rangers and Lundquist. And the Rangers are a physical team and I think over a 7 game series, would wear the Pens down. (and wouldnb't I love to see Callahan lay out Crosby)

Another annoying thing (and it really irks me) this guy(not mcquire the other dolt) goes into the 'kings barely made the playoffs, couldn't score , what if that happens again...' ReallY? You're paid to be an analyst and you can't get historical data and figure out Pre and Post Sutter? You can track what Carter's addition did for the scoring (from Mar 1 onward, 2nd highest scoring team in the league) You didn't see the team that finally arrived, played up to potential with a coach who had a solid plan and motivated?

And it's in a lot of 2013 previews...why can't they give the Kings the credit ? Why are they so willing to say 'Oh they got hot at the right time, eigth seed overachieved. etc.?
Can't they see how Sutter changed the team, gave them an identity?

KopitarFAN

Reno Sucks!
Oct 14, 2008
San Pedro, CA
I'm just gonna predict the top 8 in the west, we all know anything can happen in the playoffs.

1. STL
2. LA
3. VAN
4. CHI
5. SJ
6. PHX (Dave Tippett)
7. COL
8. DET

I just don't buy Dallas, Edmonton or Anaheim and I think Minnesota added too many pieces at key positions that they may start slow, and Calgary is well, Calgary.

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
I'm just gonna predict the top 8 in the west, we all know anything can happen in the playoffs.

1. STL
2. LA
3. VAN
4. CHI
5. SJ
6. PHX (Dave Tippett)
7. COL
8. DET

I just don't buy Dallas, Edmonton or Anaheim and I think Minnesota added too many pieces at key positions that they may start slow, and Calgary is well, Calgary.

Overall, I like your predictions. I don't think St. Louis will repeat that good of a performance though, as a good chunk was due to Elliott's out of this world performance that traditionally he has never come close to doing before. Unless Halak can really carry the load, I doubt St. Louis will repeat at that level.

I see it more like
1. Vancouver
2. LA
3. St. Louis
4. Chicago
5. Detroit (they always find a way to win)
6. Phoenix
7. Dallas
8. Colorado

I think San Jose misses out this year and we see a fire sale. And who knows what is going on in Anaheim. Edmonton is a good year away yet, and Calgary will hopefully figure out its time to rebuild. Plus Hartley's never won without a loaded roster (aside from one solid season in Atlanta).

Kings man 4 life

Jul 2, 2008

1. STL
2. LA
3. VAN
4. CHI
5. SJ
6. PHX (Dave Tippett)
7. COL
8. DET

I think Minn will get in the playoffs, good chuck of the team has been skating together.

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity

1. STL
2. LA
3. VAN
4. CHI
5. SJ
6. PHX (Dave Tippett)
7. COL
8. DET

The (selfish) fan in me just can't accept that fact that the Kings would slip at all after their great playoff run last season. Ok, Kopitar misses 1.5 - 2 weeks, but that's the only downside I can see.

I'm looking forward to the Kings finishing first overall in everything - Presidents' Trophey winner. (WTH not?)

And I also look forward to Det missing the POs for the first time in forever and starting a streak of missing them for at least 10 years in a row. (WTH not?)

Ollie Weeks

the sea does not dream of you
Feb 28, 2008
Repeats are hard. I imagine we'll win at least a round of playoffs but that's about all I'd expect.

The Butcher

Mammoth Mooseknuckles Hockey
Mar 6, 2011
Mammoth Lakes
The Kings are getting alot of respect. It's kinda fun.

But I'm keeping my expectations low. I think they could get off to a slow start without Kopi and dig a hole for themselves early.

I also wouldn't be suprised if this team dominated the league this season. In short.. I don't know what to think and have no predictions.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
Going to be fun when people realise how lucky Rangers got last year to finish where they did. They were a 6-8th seed team (fenwicked 14th in the league (lol)) masquerading as a 1 seed.

Philly - Kings my pick for final, top teams in each conf at the moment

Last edited:

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
The Nucks still play in that weak division, they will be the number one seed again.

1.Nucks
2.Chicago
3.LA
4.STL
5.DET (always finds a way)
6.PHX (Dave mother F Tippet)
7.NSH
8.COL

I don't buy Dallas, they are one single injury away from disaster.

San Jose is done, that teams focus is shattered.

EDM is just too young

Jackets....Yah right

Calgary is a mess.

Not buying Minny at all.

The Ducks nope to them.

goosh

Nov 25, 2010
WEST:

1. Blues
2. Canucks
3. Kings
4. Wild
5. Blackhawks
6. Stars
7. Red Wings
8. Predators
9. Flames
10. Coyotes
11. Sharks
12. Ducks
13. Avalanche
14. Oilers
15. Jackets

Rod Buskas*

1. Blues
2. Canucks
3. Kings
4. Dave Tippett
5. Blackhawks
6. Stars
7. Red Wings
8. Predators

KingKopitar11*

1.Kings
2.Blues
3.Canucks
4.Blackhawks
5.Phoenix
6.Avalanche
7.Predators
8.Wings
9.Ducks
10.Flames
11.The Sharks
12. Stars
13.Jackets
14.Wild (People are very greatly over estimating their acquisitions, they are stars, not superstars, One DD, one star Offensive player.
15.Oilers

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Michigan
I think you guys are giving the Wings waaaaaaaaay to much credit.

Lidstrom is a gigantic loss, gigantic. I don't think thats a playoff team.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
I think you guys are giving the Wings waaaaaaaaay to much credit.

Lidstrom is a gigantic loss, gigantic. I don't think thats a playoff team.

They've earned the benefit of the doubt. Still too much playoff experience on that roster, although not nearly as much on defense.

I'm going to follow up last season's prediction with the same thing. THE KINGS ARE GOING TO WIN THE STANLEY CUP! The Kings will go 47-1. The only loss to Ditka's Bears.

There is sure to be some shake ups this year with the turnover from team to team. I'll do my best guessing:

1. Blackhawks
2. Canucks
3. Stars
4. Blues
5. Kings
6. Wild
7. Predators
8. Sharks
9. Red Wings
10. Coyotes
11. Flames
12. Oilers
13. Avalanche
14. Ducks
15. Jackets

DRINKSHOT-TheJerk-01.jpg

Jun 30, 2006
I think the Oilers will be on the edge of making the playoffs, possibly as a 8th seed. They have a very talented, yet young team.

Muzzinga

Regehr GOAT
Oct 30, 2009
Oilers wont

Take last years team, add Yakupov and Shultz and minus Khabibulin godmoding 2 months at the start of the year stealing wins for them and you have a bottom 5 team again

To put it into perspective, post deadline, the Kings played the Oilers twice and outshot them 69-33. I don't think Yak and Shultz make up 36 shots difference

DeeMeck

Jan 19, 2008
They've earned the benefit of the doubt. Still too much playoff experience on that roster, although not nearly as much on defense.

Their best dmen are their forwards.

I don't think Howard is good enough to make up for their losses.

kingsholygrail

We've made progress - Robitaille
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
I predict an exciting but rough season. Everyone will be gunning for the champs and they're gonna start missing a few key players.

Jul 31, 2005
CA
I would think the younger teams will do well in a shortened season as well as deep, defensive minded teams like the Kings. I've literally done no research on this so here's my best guess:

1.Blues
2.Kings
3.Blackhawks
4.Canucks
5.Sharks
6.Red Wings
7.Oilers
8.Wild
9.Coyotes
10.Stars
11.Predators
12.Avalanche
13.Flames
14.Ducks
15.Jack Johnsons

I think you could see 3-4 really good teams on the outside looking in. 1 major injury to a big player and you could slide right out of the playoff picture in a condensed schedule. Jagr has been on fire in Europe, Dallas could be interesting but they are old. I could see the Wings sliding out of the playoffs this year but King fans have been counting them out for about 15 years for various reasons and they always find a way.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad