Seravalli: Predators’ Mattias Ekholm “Available”

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Seattle King

Aug 19, 2022
The price on Ekholm will not be as high as some of the posters on here must be. 1st round +++ etc.
I am pretty creased on GMO right now so I sympathize, but I still wouldnt give you all that much for a 33 year old who makes 6 and 2/3 million for 3 more seasons. That cap space is not enjoyed by the types of teams that would be in on this player.
Kings would be interested in this player for sure though. If we can make the cap work.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Nashville Predators' Mattias Ekholm "Available"

First paragraph just says: There is a brand new name to throw out onto the 2023 trade deadline hot stove, and it’s a big one. Frank Seravalli of Daily Faceoff writes that Nashville Predators general manager David Poile “is ready to consider moving” Mattias Ekholm, and lists him as “available” in his first Trade Targets board.

Seravalli could be throwing shit at a wall and hope it sticks, but then again if the Preds fall down the standing in the next 8 weeks it could be a possibility that Poile moves Ekholm.

it’s not much of a stretch given term length and nashville coukd be tight with cap space next year After resigning RFAs.

there are two many players out there that teams might be seeking 1sts for.

Maurice of Orange

13:21 🏒🏒
Feb 5, 2016
Ekholm scored tonight on a routine point slapper but the opposition deflected it through Montembeault.

3rd goal of the season.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Fills Muzzin's dead cap and job almost perfectly, let's just re do the Muzzin trade and call it a day. Niemela as Durzi and pick a non-Knies forward for the Grundstrom equivalent.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

Nah, if a team has the assets for either, they will go for Chychrun. Ekholm would be the consolation price if they miss on Chychrun.

there are many more players in between the two. Chychrun us like 6-7 yrs younger.

Ekholm is on the downside of his career with 3 full years left at $6M+ caphit. He will not get 1st++ for him..

who out there can even afford that cap hit in the summer? Maybe 2 teams at that. Some thst have cap space are rebuilding so he doesn’t fit.

Nashville would have to take significant money back. Depending on what they get back in contract would affect futures return.

without retention and without taking salary back you are looking at the Bjorkstrand return Columbus got.

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
I'll believe it when I see it. I find it hard to believe Fabbro would sign long term here after the way Hynes has done him, and then you move Ekholm when you have absolutely nothing in the minors to even fill injury spots as it is. He would basically be trading one Dman for another cause he has nothing to fill the gap with otherwise.

Reactions: Porter Stoutheart

JUSTGIROUXIT

Apr 16, 2020
I mean I can see why Preds don't do it, but it's not awful.
It's just a ridiculous proposal altogether - Edm doesn't have the cap.
NSH would pounce on this deal. Freeing up that salary (6.25) and taking on cost-controlled players/picks with upside. If they were to really move on from him I find it hard to believe a better deal could be had. Unrealistic from both sides obviously, but to call the proposal awful is embarrassing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad