Pre-Game Talk: [Pre-Season] GM03 | Vancouver Canucks @ Seattle Kraken | Fri. Sep 27th | 7pm PST | SNP | Heat Seaking Myers-ile

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
Benning sucks at scouting.

What impact he had on the drafting vs. the scouting staff is an ongoing debate, although in virtually every case we're aware of he was sabotaging their work.

The overall drafting results were then sabotaged by the worst development system/period in the modern history of the NHL.

He did 10+ bad things for every good thing he did here. He is the worst GM in NHL history.
I'd like a list of 10 plus things for everything he did good here. I'll stick with Demko, Boeser, Pettersson, Hughes, Miller, Hoglander. That's only 60 things. Happy fishing.

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown
I'd like a list of 10 plus things for everything he did good here. I'll stick with Demko, Boeser, Pettersson, Hughes, Miller, Hoglander. That's only 60 things. Happy fishing.

To be clear, no we're not doing this and definitely not in this thread. You can just look up Benning's transaction history and that gets you about 30 garbage transactions.

krutovsdonut

eeyore
Sep 25, 2016
brisebois being in group c in camp may be a case of him "staying healthy" long enough to get to abby so he is not on ltir all season. the guy was in the mix for the bottom pair when the concussion hit, so if this was a genuine bounceback training camp effort i think he'd get a better shot.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Trimmed out some posts. Let's heed Vector's warning, folks.

1727392691468.png

ManVanFan

Mar 28, 2024
Huh? The farm club was a Gillis move, and I believe they didn't go to Abbotsford to start with because of complications surrounding ending that bonkers deal the Flames, who still had their team in Abbotsford at the time, had with the city.
From what I always heard that the Canucks sport and entertainment owned or were affiliated with Utica but weren't really controlling it. They were supposed to supply it with coaches and a few players but it was mandated to win and not worry about prospects. Robert Esche was president and wasn't part of Canucks staff like Ryan Johnson is.

Lat

Oct 12, 2005
I mean, I'm pretty sure it's easy to come up with a list of 60+ Benning atrocities (TM), but I'm not sure anybody here really wants to re-live the pain. Although, I am secretly hoping that MS destroys this in a massive post.

SelltheTeamFrancesco

Aug 11, 2015
I mean, I'm pretty sure it's easy to come up with a list of 60+ Benning atrocities (TM), but I'm not sure anybody here really wants to re-live the pain. Although, I am secretly hoping that MS destroys this in a massive post.
Yes the mods said we are not doing this. And you thought the best course of action was to respond and try to bait another post interesting.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Zadorov got killed by Evander Kane in that h2h at the end of the second round. Looked very much as if that was a 9 or so game heater before he regressed to his mean very harshly.

And that isn’t your standard 30 year old D. Lot of games played and physical.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad