Post-Game Talk: [Pre-Season] Game 2 | Vancouver Canucks defeat Calgary Flames | 4-3 OT (Sasson, Debrusk(2), & Sprong)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Yes. Not necessarily dressed for every game but on the roster.

Only @Peen thinks he might get cut for some reason.
Yes. Assuming full health up front, I question it as a certainty.

I think there’s 11 clear F before Sprong. Then you factor in that they have gone 8D instead of 14F when healthy. They also may go three goalies which cuts an extra spot.

And then… if Sprong doesn’t have a significantly better camp in terms of showing Tocchet he can improve defensively, I think that pushes him down. he’s competing for either the 12th or 13th spot. And one of those spots will go to a C. It’s just competitive. Tocchet knows what he gets from PDG, Aman. And Raty is pushing. I don’t see enough pace from Karlsson, Bains, Blais, and Sasson is a pure 4c bet and nothing else so he can go down.

But regardless yeah idk. It’s just a numbers thing. Still think they did good to trade Podkolzin.

moiderer

Jul 28, 2021
Vancouver
Bains-Sprong look like a discount Wilson-Ovechkin tonight.

Petey line is missing some chemistry so far. Debrusk is nowhere in sight whenever Petey's got the puck and Lekkerimaki has been sharp but very passive in the o zone.

Phrasing

Nov 16, 2007
Wolanin not doing himself any favors.

Also VD hopefully keeps the intensity the same but more clean. Also VD is an unfortunate set of initials…

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Yes. Assuming full health up front, I question it as a certainty.

I think there’s 11 clear F before Sprong. Then you factor in that they have gone 8D instead of 14F when healthy. They also may go three goalies which cuts an extra spot.

And then… if Sprong doesn’t have a significantly better camp in terms of showing Tocchet he can improve defensively, I think that pushes him down. he’s competing for either the 12th or 13th spot. And one of those spots will go to a C. It’s just competitive. Tocchet knows what he gets from PDG, Aman. And Raty is pushing. I don’t see enough pace from Karlsson, Bains, Blais, and Sasson is a pure 4c bet and nothing else so he can go down.

But regardless yeah idk. It’s just a numbers thing. Still think they did good to trade Podkolzin.
Everything we know implies or directly states the organization and player are invested in each other, they're definitely going to work with him for awhile.

Tocchet called him directly before signing, almost zero chance he's waived before game one .

RobsonStreet

Jun 4, 2004
Peak HFBoards mindset
IMG_0027.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad