GDT: Free Agent Frenzy!

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

RWatson29

Apr 24, 2012
Ontario
Adams has an option to trade
Yeah I know but it seems like every player has a NMC or trade list and I guarentee Buffalo is on the majority of them. Plus teams that aren’t rebuilding that have these players want roster players back, particularly forwards most likely and we have none of those to trade. Like established nhl players not just prospects. Like I’m thinking of teams like Winnipeg and Carolina, they’re not just going to want a prospect and a pick, I think they’re going to want some sort of established guy in the top 9 if they’re a competitive type team and we just don’t have those guys.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Yeah I know but it seems like every player has a NMC or trade list and I guarentee Buffalo is on the majority of them. Plus teams that aren’t rebuilding that have these players want roster players back, particularly forwards most likely and we have none of those to trade. Like established nhl players not just prospects. Like I’m thinking of teams like Winnipeg and Carolina, they’re not just going to want a prospect and a pick, I think they’re going to want some sort of established guy in the top 9 if they’re a competitive type team and we just don’t have those guys.
It seems like 75% of NHL players don't have any protection. So that's no excuse for Adams.

Carolina has five centers (Drury or KK) probably wouldn't be worth a ton and they have no protect)

More players who have no defense and who might be interesting:

Zegras
Vatrano
Dickinson
Zetterlund
Granlund
Sissons
Novak
Tolvanen
Geekie
Frederic
Crouse
Bjugstad
Moore
Bennett
Lundell
ERod
Luostarinen
Cirelli
Neighbours
McLeod
Kakko
Podkolzin
P. Suter
Garland
Boeser
Niederreiter
Iafallo
Appleton
Namestnikov
M. Joseph
Pinto
Eller
Rossi
Tippett
Konecny
Frost
Farabee
Foerster
N. Roy
D. Strome
Dowd

So there are players who have no protection and Adams has no excuse if he can't trade for a few of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dingo44

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Chad says about Ehlers that negotiations are underway, but Ehlers doesn't want to sign an extension with any team right now.

Chad also mentioned Stamkos, Matt Roy and Toffoli.

Reactions: Jacob582

alehman42

Sponsor
Apr 13, 2015
Ok, so I'm going to fall into the same trap as the rest of you all and post a shopping list:

Needs (IMO):
- Top-9 winger who's not afraid to drive the net.
- Defensively-responsible C who can PK.
- 4th line winger (Girgensons? Because I'm sentimental).
- Veteran G who's capable of starting in Rochester or filling in in Buffalo.
- Buncha guys to play in Roch or watch from the press box in Buf (Robinson? Bryson?)

Wants:
- Defensively responsible RHD who can PK; this makes D pairs easier to balance, frees up Jokiharju in trade, and reduces Dahlin's PK minutes.
- *Another* defensively-responsible C, in case Krebs doesn't progress, or Cozens needs to move to wing, and/or Savoie isn't ready.

(Yes, I want all of Johnson, Kulich, Rosen, and probably Savoie in Rochester to start the year. They haven't shown they've mastered that level, and it'll be nice to have quality injury replacements for once in the last decade).

The good news is that this entire list is retail shopping: a Nissan Maxima, an F-150, and a few good value used sedans. No Bugattis or Testarossas required.

Bad news: Adams has, so far, proven to be much more effective selling talent than adding it. And he needs to add. He's been talking a good game; here's hoping he can back it up.

(If you're going to attack this post, please don't attack the car analogy. I know it's not really representative, but I was hoping it would be illustrative and/or fun)

Reactions: Dirty Dog

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Chad says about Ehlers that negotiations are underway, but Ehlers doesn't want to sign an extension with any team right now.

The Jets GM came out before the draft and said Ehlers is a important part of their team

Chad also mentioned Stamkos, Matt Roy and Toffoli.

Stamkos has not been mentioned to Buffalo anywhere that I have seen.

Last edited:

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Everyone chased the kings model, then the chicago model and now we're back to the kings model and overpaying for physical players (remember Tim Murray?).

What they should learn is that you need an edge, some kind of advantage and build your team around that.

I know we need some toughness but what the Sabres should work towards is setting the next trend, not chasing it.

Reactions: Diaspora

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Any chance for debrusk Today ?
LA or Calgary I have read.

Everyone chased the kings model, then the chicago model and now we're back to the kings model and overpaying for physical players (remember Tim Murray?).

What they should learn is that you need an edge, some kind of advantage and build your team around that.

I know we need some toughness but what the Sabres should work towards is setting the next trend, not chasing it.
and remember when speed was the thing for year or two (even the Sabres mentioned playing with speed) when Colorado won there cup ?

Reactions: HaNotsri

ValJamesDuex

Nov 4, 2021
Wish our fans would boo this guy every time he touches the puck when he comes "home" because he'd sooner play for a KHL side than his "hometown team". He's an enemy and always will be, screw em.
Do you think that will help bring veteran players to Buffalo ?

1719828339399.png

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Wish our fans would boo this guy every time he touches the puck when he comes "home" because he'd sooner play for a KHL side than his "hometown team". He's an enemy and always will be, screw em.

Given the teams recent history, I don't think you can blame Kane. And he has personal friends on the red wings. Given his messy history, he may not want to surround himself with his old 'crew'.

Reactions: Jim Bob

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Ok Everyone, a little pep talk:

I will not fear the Sabres off season plans
Fear is the mind killer
The Sabres offseason plans are the little death that brings obliteration
I will face my fear
I will let the Sabres incompetence pass through me.
After July 4th I will turn and look at the roster and say "Well there is still time to camp, surely they won't start the season with this roster" (even though they will)
When the incompetence is done, the rest of summer will remain
And I will not think about the Sabres for 3 glorious months.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Ok Everyone, a little pep talk:

I will not fear the Sabres off season plans
Fear is the mind killer
The Sabres offseason plans are the little death that brings obliteration
I will face my fear
I will let the Sabres incompetence pass through me.
After July 4th I will turn and look at the roster and say "Well there is still time to camp, surely they won't start the season with this roster" (even though they will)
When the incompetence is done, the rest of summer will remain
And I will not think about the Sabres for 3 glorious months.
I often motivate myself at work by telling myself I'm not Kevyn Adams. Everytime I procrastinate I see the smile of Kevyn from accounting.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Or maybe he just doesn't want to keep uprooting his life and family and figures he'll get another contract in a year somewhere.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
Give me a top-9 winger who can make a line harder to play against, a 4th line shit stirrer, and a top-9 C in trade or FA...and I'll be pretty happy. I would like a top-4 RD, too, but I don't think we're getting that.

TageGod

Aug 31, 2022
There's always a possibility that Lindy as a real coach gets the team to the playoffs without big adds.....

Also, draft was a Major disappointment. A GM should have been able to pounce on KA's desperation to trade that first pick.

They better get some good shit today.

Jacob582

Oct 16, 2012
fk it! Trade for hall-of-famer shea weber and play all the kids!

I'm totally against it and have been for years. But KA can do worse harm in FA.

I would probably be excited for a Palat-type signing. But what has the actually player done for NJ to earn that contract. (Just one example)

Can't build this in one off season. Especially if trades can't happen.

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
fk it! Trade for hall-of-famer shea weber and play all the kids!

I'm totally against it and have been for years. But KA can do worse harm in FA.
This team needs good veterans and players, they can't play kids, they don't have a plan B. They don't have center depth. This doesn't mean you should give away stupid contracts, but KA does have a trade option, I've listed a huge list of players without trade protection above.

Reactions: Jacob582

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad