Potential 2015-16 Boston Bruins Lineup: Forwards

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Just few thoughts/questions.

1)Marchand-Bergeron plays the toughest minutes, I can't see Pasta playing with them, I know you mentioned learning but I would see him playing with Eriksson and learning from him.

2nd) Julien has the chance to go Left hand shot Lw - Right hand shot Rw in the top9, I see him using that, also that gets me to my 3rd point, what is Spooner's best asset?, and Julien himself has told him to use that and now he would play with the slowest top9 guys we have also both being right handed guys? Also how would D-play look like?

4th)I'm afraid of that 4th line, I doubt too vets past their prime can carry Rinaldo defensively and I've mentioned this in the Rinaldo thread but that line would spend every shift on their own zone, can't see a player who could take the puck into offensive zone and keep it there, they'd probably be chasing the puck all the time and Rinaldo taking a lot of penalties because he would get frustrated.

That is a elite 2way top6 but with that I can't see that 3rd line working and we need our 3rd line to work and be the difference in games for us.

So I see us going with Left hand Lw- Right hand Rw and then we have 2 options, have size/toughness on every line or build 4 lines with strong D-play.
We need lines with chemistry, lines that click.

Last edited:

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
What a mess, that line up seems like the kind of line up that would seem logical to a non Bruins fan. The only line I can agree with is the last one and even then, only because we are stuck with them. I wouldn't have any of those guys on my team given the choice.

Zac Rinaldo*

Don Sweeney was wheelin' and dealin' this offseason, and the team is going to look very different. How will it all stack up to start the season? Take a look at this article!

Be sure to comment and give me your thoughts on other line combinations.

http://alongtheboards.com/2015/08/potential-2015-16-boston-bruins-lineup-forwards/

spooner didn't score 18 goals last year. this is the easiest thing to correct lol. i think you should also follow the team more closely

tburns21

Jul 22, 2015
I think given what we've seen in the past and what's "worked" for the B's before we'll see something like this.

Belesky-Krecji-Hayes
Marchand-Bergeron-Connolly
Eriksson-Spooner-pasta
Kelly-Kemppainen-Talbot
ex rinaldo

line 1A of Krecji and co will try and recreate the old lucic krejci horton line, line 1b of bergeron and co adds a shoot 1st mentality in connolly (I can see them doing well together) line of spooner and co are well balanced with eriksson adding some net presesnce and a defensive mind. 4th line--eeek--- they want to get a look at kemp this year he's a big body but they'll need CK to take dzone draws. talbot could be replaced by rinaldo/ferlin/griffith at any point. hopefully they just chuck him on waivers. I'm under the impression that the thing holding griffith back is his compete level and the lack of consitency there (ala lucic) so no idea what to expect of him. the odd man out here appears to be koko and I'm hoping at some point he can make his way into the lineup full time. but he apparently doesn't adapt well to playing the wing and the centre postions seemed lined up for a while.

Defence

Chara- Trotman (unfortunatley)
Krug-Seidenberg
Morrow-Mcquaid
ex Irwin/K Miller

there will be a definite need to move a dman via trade whether it's miller and seids or trotman. there's too many bodies on 1 way deals that need to go. K miller would have replaced mcquaid untils DS ponied up and gave him a 4 yr ext. Irwin could slot in the bottom pair or be an extra. not sure if trotman is ready for top 4 mins but there's not a lot of other options. morrow and C miller are on two way deals so I think they'll spend a lot of time in providence.

trudatman*

that third line is not going to happen. the others aren't bad.

BEL/KRE/ERI
MAR/BER/HAY
KEL/SPO/PAS
RIN/TAL(KEM)/CON
CHA/cMIL
KRU/kMIL
SEI(MOR)/MCQ
RAS/SMI(MCI)

is a LOT more likely. then I hope Seidenberg, Rinaldo, Trotman and Kelly are moved in priority order. I don't think they need to make any rushed moves to get somebody like Franson, but it makes sense if they don't have to lose anybody else. if they trade away Eriksson or Kevan Miller or Marchand just to get Byfuglien, they will be worse team than last season. right now, with the lines above, they are a better team than last season. the desire should be back and that should make a very real difference.

Burt Reynolds

Feb 21, 2010
Mansfield, MA

BEL/KRE/ERI
MAR/BER/HAY
KEL/SPO/PAS
RIN/TAL(KEM)/CON
CHA/cMIL
KRU/kMIL
SEI(MOR)/MCQ
RAS/SMI(MCI)

is a LOT more likely. then I hope Seidenberg, Rinaldo, Trotman and Kelly are moved in priority order. I don't think they need to make any rushed moves to get somebody like Franson, but it makes sense if they don't have to lose anybody else. if they trade away Eriksson or Kevan Miller or Marchand just to get Byfuglien, they will be worse team than last season. right now, with the lines above, they are a better team than last season. the desire should be back and that should make a very real difference.

Give up 2 2nd round picks and then bury the asset on the fourth line? Highly unlikely. Especially when they're clearly counting on him to break out as they desperately need it.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
wondering who, if anyone makes it impossible or awfully tough to send down this camp, looking for someone to open some eyes that maybe wasn`t anticipated

Haven`t seen nearly enough of the prospects or AHL Bruins to know or have an idea whom that could be, perhaps some here more informed than I could do that please and thanks?

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
There will definitely be alot of lot of line juggling to find the right chemistry.

Bergeron and marchand are a well established duo that outplays its matchups... leave them together.

Spooner/pastrank definitely had chemistry. They seam to need size and defense for the third member of their line. I expect to see both eriksson and belesky get a tryout... chris kelly could factor in too.

Krejci is almost inheriting his linemates by default. He played well with lucic so giving him a big winger like hayes or connolly seams ok. Then he will see time with eriksson and belesky depending which one isnt with spooner.

Which leaves one of hayes/connolly to get bergerons open wing

These 9/10 guys get the icetime unless they fail... there are a few other guys who could end up playing but wont get first shot at these jobs.

Khoklachev wont play unless someone gets hurt or traded
ferlin will be a forth liner if he makes the team

I see the 4th line being all vet to start with talbot/kelly/rinaldo getting the chance to prove themselves.

Ultimately the lines might be much differnt but julien plays it safe with his combos if possible and this is the safest plan

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I don't agree with a couple of the combos, but it's tough to make them this year. No bona-fide 1st/2nd liners like we've had for the past couple of years. A lot of what-ifs.

I agree Krejci should be with Eriksson, he's the best winger on our team right now and he plays a slower game like Krejci. I think we should give Connolly a shot with him, he has the best wrist shot on the team. A lot of Tampa fans were saying he was starting to scratch the surface. With someone like Krejci, if he uses his shot a lot, he could have a breakout year and show the talent he had in his draft year. Krejci needs someone who can shoot the puck, as Eriksson will get most of his goals in front of the net. I think those three could be a good combo.

Pastrnak would get murdered on Bergeron's line. That's the shutdown line, too. The last thing I want to do is ruin his confidence after he showed so much of it last year. Tough to say who goes there but unless we make another trade I'm guessing it'll be Hayes... He and Smith are pretty similar. Marchand is the shooter and Hayes cleans up in front of the net. It'll be good to get some size on that line.

Beleskey-Spooner-Pastrnak would be a force of a 3rd line. I really hope that becomes a thing. This is the line that is fast and plays fast... I could see a breakout year from Spooner and Beleskey can shoot and crash the net. I'm not expecting Pasta to break out this year, looking for consistency more than anything, but he should still get ~15-20 goals ~40-45 points. Will be a great 3rd liner for sure. I want to see Spooner and Pasta stick together and develop together. I think they're a great pair.

Rinaldo-Kelly-Talbot is a good enough 4th line... Not excellent but Kelly will give you what you expect from Kelly as a great PKer, and maybe he'll show some more offense against lesser competition. Rinaldo will cave faces in when told to, and take stupid penalties when not. Talbot is your average 4th liner.

MtlBoxFan

Jun 19, 2014
Looking at this lineup, it's hard to believe the team reaches the salary cap minimum...

MOOKER411

Nov 13, 2009
KERROBERT, SASK
Eriksson - Krejci - Pastrnak
Marchand - Bergy - Hayes
Beleski - Spooner - Connolly
Rinaldo - Kelly - Ferlin

If Kelly ends up anywhere in the top 9 with exception only to injuries...I guess I will be watching Netflix instead of hockey next season.

Beantown Beatdown

Sep 10, 2007
Hamilton

BEL/KRE/ERI
MAR/BER/HAY
KEL/SPO/PAS
RIN/TAL(KEM)/CON
CHA/cMIL
KRU/kMIL
SEI(MOR)/MCQ
RAS/SMI(MCI)

Dear God, if Kelly is anywhere near the top 9 I'm gonna vomit. And Connolly will not be on the 4th you can book that.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Kelly needs to earn his spot.

So does Connolly. What's he shown the Bruins so far? Same goes for Hayes. Everyone wants to anoint these guys as productive top 9 guys, and they'll play there because there are few other options and they were brought in to HOPEFULLY fill those roles, , but let's not bash Kelly when there are new guys that are total unknowns.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
So does Connolly. What's he shown the Bruins so far? Same goes for Hayes. Everyone wants to anoint these guys as productive top 9 guys, and they'll play there because there are few other options and they were brought in to HOPEFULLY fill those roles, , but let's not bash Kelly when there are new guys that are total unknowns.

How much can you show in 5 games played?

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Let's hope Krejci can find his game and some chemistry with whoever his linemates happen to be. We need him to be a legit no.1 center to have any kind of hope of making the playoffs.

PIMsCup

Nov 18, 2014
LA / NH Boston?
How do we think Ericksson's line assignment and icetime effect how contract negotiations go with him next year (assuming we want to extend him)?

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
How do we think Ericksson's line assignment and icetime effect how contract negotiations go with him next year (assuming we want to extend him)?

The team will be far enough out of the playoff hunt at the deadline that they'll trade him. Eriksson, Kelly and Talbot will all be shipped out at the deadline this year if they're healthy (which is the big if).

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Lw should be clear that it is Lou, Beleskey and Marchand right now so it leaves Pasta, Connolly, Hayes left on the Rw side and all of them are right handed.
I doubt we break up Right hand- Left hand LW-Rw lines to get Kelly into the top9.

I don't think expectations are too high for Connolly/Hayes here, Pasta is the #1Rw even if he plays with Spooner, but without top talent it has to be all about chemistry and getting lines to click.
Connolly scored 12goals in 50 games while playing on the 4th line, is 20 goals too much to ask if he plays with Krecji and would 20 goals be a bad result or a good result? He is a strong shooter and we need to have a shooter on everyline, Krecji is a great playmaker and you give him someone that can shoot and we should see some goals?

Hayes on the other hand brings net presence and that's what we are mostly expecting from him, that was missing from us last year and we missed a ton of goals because of it.

So even though they haven't proven that much they bring something that has been missing from us.

trudatman*

Give up 2 2nd round picks and then bury the asset on the fourth line? Highly unlikely. Especially when they're clearly counting on him to break out as they desperately need it.
well, Mister Ferguson, if my lines are a turd, that's okay. it's a guess for how camp will align it all, but I get your point. the idea was having a Paille-type threat to shoot -- and maybe even score -- on the fourth line. you know, "roll four." anyway, I think the right wings are the hardest call until we see some action. want to swap him and Hayes? cool with me, but I expect Hayes to end up with MAR/BER because I expect him to be the best fit for the most important line. I'm excite to see what Julien decides on. here's hoping he makes the right calls faster from here out.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

nobody is anointing anyone anything, chemistry is an inexact science, the players that are signed will have to play somewhere and I`m reading from fans their various opinions about where they think different players will play

Nobody has come accross as viewing Beleskey/Connolly or Hayes as a Rocket Richard candidate. The new additions, until they actually play with various players, will need time to hopefully create chemistry and sorry, but Connolly played exactly 5 games in a Bruins uniform, and IMO, took a few silly penalties but it was hardly a shock, he was playing on emotion and was undoubtedly trying too hard. Loved his effort and willingness to get a little greasy.

Is 5 games usually the sample size you make to determine players potential ? Not me

What The Puck

Future GM
Feb 12, 2014
Northeast

Any perceived "Kelly bashing" is because of his garbage play to date.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad