News Article: Posted? Karlsson still has problems with his heel

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

siegeofshanghai*

Ottawa's Swedish star back Erik Karlsson still has recognition in the heel he operated in February. He received Achilles tendon almost completely severed by a skate but could do record early comeback after ten weeks.

- I know that it could have felt better. It's not feeling like before, and it's hard to explain but I have no pain, says Karlsson, one of the key players in the Tre Kronor Olympic team, to SVT Sport.

http://www.dn.se/sport/ishockey/erik-karlsson-har-halproblem/

BigBush*

For now, have him focus on playing 22 minutes of solid hockey a night, with the goal being 28 mins a night by December. It's just too much right now

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
The Achilles heel injury was probably the worst kind of injury for the type of player Erik is. Which is why I don't think he'll ever be the same again. That thought is very depressing.

Two Line Pass

Nov 1, 2009
Ottawa
Even if (big if) he isn't physically capable of doing what he did during his Norris year, a player of his caliber will be able to adjust his game and still be a top defenceman in this league.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
I think it was on display tonight that he could become the player he was. He needs to break a few bad habits and become more responsible like he was before the injury.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Even if (big if) he isn't physically capable of doing what he did during his Norris year, a player of his caliber will be able to adjust his game and still be a top defenceman in this league.

Sure, but before the injury he was a game changer. One of the few players in the game where he controlled the actual flow of the game. Maybe that will come back, maybe it won't. I believe that's one of the big reasons we are losing right now. Erik is just not the same.

Also it seems like he's sulking. I'm assuming it's the Alfie debacle, and he's still not into it.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I think it was on display tonight that he could become the player he was. He needs to break a few bad habits and become more responsible like he was before the injury.

He plays like he doesn't give a crap in the defensive zone. He kind of just skates around poking at the puck going half speed. He didn't do this before his big contract.

He needs to start caring defensively.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
He plays like he doesn't give a crap in the defensive zone. He kind of just skates around poking at the puck going half speed. He didn't do this before his big contract.

He needs to start caring defensively.

And those were the bad habits I was referring to.

costermonger

sans classe
Nov 4, 2007
Kitchener, Ont
I distinctly remember the later stages of recovery from that injury being described as 'doesn't hurt, but doesn't feel right' by somebody who's gone through it. Perhaps Bieksa?

Anyway, there's a reason they say it takes a full year.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
I love all the debbie downers in here... every game I see Karlsson improving. I cannot say this for any other player on the Senators.

Our #1 center is inconsistent, so is our #1 goalie, so is our leadership group... so is Greening who played with a lack of any sort of giving a crap for a lot of last season, before he was benched and actually starting to play a bottom 6 game. Greening needs to find his mean streak again. So do Neil and Smith. They need to play smart between the whistles, make big hits and cause the other team tantrums... currently they are playing stupid.

Something has got to give and to be honest I wouldn't mind seeing a trade amongst our bottom 6 or amongst our D corps. 10 games in, it is time to forge the identity we had last season. Get on the horse and stop with the BS. Karlsson is the least of my worries.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Sure, but before the injury he was a game changer. One of the few players in the game where he controlled the actual flow of the game. Maybe that will come back, maybe it won't. I believe that's one of the big reasons we are losing right now. Erik is just not the same.

Also it seems like he's sulking. I'm assuming it's the Alfie debacle, and he's still not into it.

Did u watch today's game? For most of the game he looked like the old Karlsson. He could still be better but there isn't as much left to improve on as there was in the beginning of the season for him to reach the level he once was.

9 shots. 2 points, 29 minutes ice-time. Prettttty good if you ask me.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
He's been getting better and more confident every game. Ill start worrying next season if hes still at his current level.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
He's been getting better and more confident every game. Ill start worrying next season if hes still at his current level.

Exactly. It's so funny to hear people agree that the recovery time to being back 100% is near a year and then after 6 months people making solidified statements that Karlsson will never be the same, even though he is near PPG already while being better and better each game no where near the 1 year mark.

Karlsson was spectacular tonight. I loved it. Best game of the year. He was everywhere, he lead the charge, he made great defensively plays and was one of our best PKers.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Karlsson was spectacular tonight. I loved it. Best game of the year. He was everywhere, he lead the charge, he made great defensively plays and was one of our best PKers.

He's finally starting to get a ton of shots on net. 9 Shots tonight and probably another 10 directed at the net.

Its slowly all coming back.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
wtf he played 29:29? isn't that a bit much? like not because of his play, but almost no one in the NHL plays that much

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
He's finally starting to get a ton of shots on net. 9 Shots tonight and probably another 10 directed at the net.

Its slowly all coming back.

Beautiful thing to see. He was actually up there in PK minutes and that shot was a thing of art. He also lead many rushes up ice and was behind the opposing net creating plays more than our best forwards!

Have faith fellow Sens fans!

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I'll start being worried by February if he's playing the same way. For now, he's improving almost every game and is looking more and more comfortable. Looking forward to seeing his month to month progression. So far so gud.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad