Speculation: Post Draft 2024 Discussion

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Whom you want us to pick?

• Silayev

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • Levshunov

Votes: 6 7.1%
  • Demidov

Votes: 34 40.5%
  • Sennecke

Votes: 10 11.9%
  • Buium

Votes: 16 19.0%
  • Yakemchuck

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Dickinson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lindstrom

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
I genuinely find all the prospects listed here, to be very intriguing in their own right. Silayev has been the guy all along (picked him fourth overall back in our first mock) and I'm sticking with him as the prospect I want the most. But I'm honestly not going to be disappointed at all with any of these names, if Madden and Co decide they have reason to rate them above the rest. I don't think there's one perfect answer here that is worth tripling down on emotionally, we'll see how it all turns out five or ten years down the line.

Doing my best to read between the lines, based on PV's comments and our scouting staff's prior tendencies, my best guess is one of the two Russians or Dickinson.

wesott11

May 13, 2009
huntington beach,CA
The closer we get to the draft the less I care about which player we pick. I’m trusting the scouts and whoever they pick I’ll see as the BPA until that’s proven wrong. First time in a long time I don’t have a clear cut favorite going into draft day. Still nervous about it though… more curious to see what happens after our first pick.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
32 thoughts this morning “ jeff- Anaheim goes buuuim” Elliot “ im hearing leshunov because hawks take demidov”

Last edited:

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I'm just wary of choosing tools over sense. It worries me with levshunov, it worries me with silayev, it worries me with dickinson, it worries me with lindstrom.

Last edited:

Unholy

kesbae
Jan 13, 2010
Southern California
I am good with most of our possibilities. Will trust the scouts and what they have watched and looked into.

Demidov
Levshunov
Silayev
Buium
Lindstrom

But I personally have one scared option which would be Dickinson being taken at 3. Just happens to be at the end of my list of top defensemen for this draft

forever1922

Jul 8, 2022
Naantali, Finland
I only have one wish for this draft:
No Silayev

Forward is the pressing need, best player is Lindstrom or Demidov. Sennecke has potential but the reach is a little much for my taste. RDs are not available at the top this year.

I don't trust Levshunov but then again I feel the whole D crop is overrated, Buium or Dickinson will become good defensemen if they land in good environments. Probably not in on any russians and probably no LDs. C is not a need but forwards can always move around.

This year I don't like nearly as many players as last year.

Last year I thought Pitre could be our pick, didn't see Myatovic coming, but like most I thought we would be going Fanta. A year later the pick looks like it was probably the right pick and I must say that is an extremely impressive selection going against consensus.

Reactions: Boo Boo

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
If they go forward I'd go with Sennecke over Lindstrom but Demidov over both of them, the Ducks have already seen year to year their top under 25 players spending too much time being injured with the musical chairs IR that was last season when one of McTavish/Carlsson/Zegras/Mintyukov was injured. Lindstrom already being injury prone before he's drafted is not a good mix with Anaheim.
I don't want a prospect who's gonna spend too much time on IR.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Oh and I think the Ducks would know more on Buium than any other team because they've probably known of him as a prospect well before other teams. Kid probably grew up with Niedermayer Duck jerseys.

Reactions: Kalv and Static

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad