Playoff Points League Pool (Draft Underway)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

hockeynorth

Aug 31, 2017
Yeah thought I'd be around and instead I think I only made my first 2 picks myself and the rest were off a list lol

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
Blog post continued:
  • I mostly went with teams I think have a shot at going far. And DeBrincat.
  • I submitted a 7 players list to Joey that lasted over two rounds... bad sign. The picks ended up not making much sense between each other too. I have 4 Pens and took Krug, Point, Backstrom with high picks. Heh.
  • Seems like Im higher on Canucks than most. Great 1-2 C, great 1-2 D, deep support cast. Easy play-in matchup. In hindsight I probly could have had Markstrom later. I almost took JT Miller but didnt want to overcommit on a 2nd team. Remember when Benning was a joke on HF ?
  • I have too many Pens. I like that theyre a cup contender with a play-in round tho. If they go early Im f***ed.
  • I was gonna take a big 3 goalie (Vasi, Rask, Binnington) but all went where they should. I regret not taking Holtby.
  • Wanted to pick more from the west but there are not many teams to like and everyone went crazy on Avs players. Blues look like overwhelming favorites to come out of it.
  • Not sure whose team I like the most. Maybe mope but I hate his goalies. I like Averys team except the Hall pick.

Seems like I'm the only one who's only selecting from a group of 4-5 teams. I feel like the way to win these is to just gamble on the contenders or hit the surprise teams. Surprised to see some guys going with like 8-10 teams.

This is a massive debate.

m0pe

Feb 24, 2020
Blog post continued:
  • Not sure whose team I like the most. Maybe mope but I hate his goalies. I like Averys team except the Hall pick.

Yeah my goalies are going to make or break my team. I could very well get 2 starters on teams that go deep but could very well get nothing from them.

Besides that I am heavily banking on the Caps to do damage out east (Ovechkin, Kuz, Vrana).

If those things go right I like my team.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Blog post continued:
  • I mostly went with teams I think have a shot at going far. And DeBrincat.
  • I submitted a 7 players list to Joey that lasted over two rounds... bad sign. The picks ended up not making much sense between each other too. I have 4 Pens and took Krug, Point, Backstrom with high picks. Heh.
  • Seems like Im higher on Canucks than most. Great 1-2 C, great 1-2 D, deep support cast. Easy play-in matchup. In hindsight I probly could have had Markstrom later. I almost took JT Miller but didnt want to overcommit on a 2nd team. Remember when Benning was a joke on HF ?
  • I have too many Pens. I like that theyre a cup contender with a play-in round tho. If they go early Im f***ed.
  • I was gonna take a big 3 goalie (Vasi, Rask, Binnington) but all went where they should. I regret not taking Holtby.
  • Wanted to pick more from the west but there are not many teams to like and everyone went crazy on Avs players. Blues look like overwhelming favorites to come out of it.

I would have taken someone like Pettersson or Miller if they were available to me later. I think they're almost guaranteed to play at least 7 games in these playoffs.

My main regret was not taking Binnington instead of Pastrnak. When I did the draft order and came out second last that was my initial thought was I'll probably be set in goal and get one from the East, one from the West. Last second I changed it up. I'm happy with how it ended up though for the most part. I got an even split of West vs. East players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad