Injury Report: Playoff Injury Report - McDavid Needs Abdominal Surgery, Draisaitl Broken Rib, and more!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Interesting stat..

Draisaitl was exactly 2.00 points per game from the beginning of the playoffs to GM1 with Van, and exactly 1.00 points per game after. I think Pietrangelo wrote the book on how to defeat the Oilers and Myers definitely bought a copy.

Reactions: gretzkyoilers

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
I think my bigger takeaway right now is they need one more aggressive play driver/generator in the top 9. Two guys, even if they're all-world, just aren't enough.

You can see the same thing with Colorado. MacK and Rantanen are the closest duo to McDrai, but they have had the same problem as the OIl once their quality secondary scoring moved on for greener(RE:$$$) pastures. Specifically looking at guys who could create away from those two, like Kadri and Burakovsky.

Nuge and Hyman struggle to make things out of nothing, and although a healthy Kane can, I'm not going to assume he's fully healthy until he actually shows he is.

Maybe Holloway could be an answer, and I certainly wouldn't mind giving him a shot to start the year; but I'm warming up to the idea of a reunion with Taylor come the TDL.

RNH-McDavid-Hyman
Hall-Drai-Kane

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Interesting stat..

Draisaitl was exactly 2.00 points per game from the beginning of the playoffs to GM1 with Van, and exactly 1.00 points per game after. I think Pietrangelo wrote the book on how to defeat the Oilers and Myers definitely bought a copy.

I will go to my dying breath convinced that if Drai was healthy this year, we win the cup, likely in 6 games.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Interesting stat..

Yeah apparently all it takes to slow him down to 1ppg which is still amazing in the playoffs by the way. Is too break two ribs and a finger. Who knew?

Reactions: TB12 and Drivesaitl

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
I will go to my dying breath convinced that if Drai was healthy this year, we win the cup, likely in 6 games.
It takes 16 games minimum to win the cup but I see your point. ;)

Yeah apparently all it takes to slow him down to 1ppg which is still amazing in the playoffs by the way. Is too break two ribs and a finger. Who knew?
Nashville completely blowing the first round they should've won against the Canucks unfortunately is what resulted in us having to play the dirty club. I knew we would beat Vancouver but that there would be toll from playing the thugs. Was a disgraceful show from the Canucks that series and the only team that attempted to just injure us, to beat us.

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
It takes 16 games minimum to win the cup but I see your point. ;)

Nashville completely blowing the first round they should've won against the Canucks unfortunately is what resulted in us having to play the dirty club. I knew we would beat Vancouver but that there would be toll from playing the thugs. Was a disgraceful show from the Canucks that series and the only team that attempted to just injure us, to beat us.
Agree though LA tried to injure as well

Reactions: TB12

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
I think my bigger takeaway right now is they need one more aggressive play driver/generator in the top 9. Two guys, even if they're all-world, just aren't enough.

You can see the same thing with Colorado. MacK and Rantanen are the closest duo to McDrai, but they have had the same problem as the OIl once their quality secondary scoring moved on for greener(RE:$$$) pastures. Specifically looking at guys who could create away from those two, like Kadri and Burakovsky.

Nuge and Hyman struggle to make things out of nothing, and although a healthy Kane can, I'm not going to assume he's fully healthy until he actually shows he is.

Maybe Holloway could be an answer, and I certainly wouldn't mind giving him a shot to start the year; but I'm warming up to the idea of a reunion with Taylor come the TDL.

RNH-McDavid-Hyman
Hall-Drai-Kane
#BRINGHALLHOME

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton

RNH-McDavid-Hyman
Hall-Drai-Kane

I'd laugh my ass off if Hall somehow returned here.
Fulfills the prophecy of Hall being the guy to lead the Oilers to the cup during the DOD

Duke74

Jan 13, 2018
Interesting stat..

It was actually during the Dallas series where he started to slow down. He had maintained his 2PPG pace during both LA and Vancouver series. So one of the injuries must have happened at the end of the Vancouver series.

Reactions: gretzkyoilers

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
Did they this spring? I think they must've been incompetent at even that. I see they extended their interim coach. lol, why would they do that? Helps every other club in the division.
Yeah I remember Anderson and Doughty taking runs at guys. It was only five games though so they didn’t have a chance to do much.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

CROTT

Aug 25, 2007
Edmonton
Well...we know that he had an abdominal injury which could include a lot of things for sure.
I am willing to bet that we dont ever hear the details of what that means.

I am just saying that we cant jump to the conclusiuon that it was an insignificant injury.
That is a fair assessment, but even though he was still one of the best players in the regular season he didn’t look like himself throughout it. his normal explosive acceleration to give him self separation wasn’t there like it used to be. He also wasn’t as reckless as he was in past seasons, that I welcomed as some times it’s nerve racking to see him fly into the net or boards in game 56 of the season exc…

Seamed like something didn’t feel quite right all season or is he just adapting his game? The latter wouldn’t explain his tendency to pass over shooting in prime scoring position.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
That is a fair assessment, but even though he was still one of the best players in the regular season he didn’t look like himself throughout it. his normal explosive acceleration to give him self separation wasn’t there like it used to be. He also wasn’t as reckless as he was in past seasons, that I welcomed as some times it’s nerve racking to see him fly into the net or boards in game 56 of the season exc…

Seamed like something didn’t feel quite right all season or is he just adapting his game? The latter wouldn’t explain his tendency to pass over shooting in prime scoring position.
I agree....he just didnt look like himself.
He showed some solid leadership playing through that. He wasnt even healthy and he was still breaking records.
Remarkable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad