Injury Report: Playoff Injury Report - McDavid Needs Abdominal Surgery, Draisaitl Broken Rib, and more!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
The reports of playoff injuries are starting to trickle in. Zach Laing has reported that McDavid and Draisaitl were both injured. We already know about Kane, and Henrique earlier in the playoffs. He also mentions that Nurse may have had something going on.

Current List:

Connor McDavid - Abdominal Surgery
Leon Draisaitl - Broken Rib, Broken Finger
Evander Kane - Sports Hernia
Adam Henrique - High Ankle Sprain (weeks ago)

If you hear a confirmed report of an injury, post it here!

Last edited:

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I guess I should be a little less critical of Henrique, I forgot about his ankle injury. He looked so slow. Maybe he has more to give if they re-sign him.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
Which is what exactly?
That he shouldn't have carried his own beer to his car.

giphy.gif

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
McDavid was able to work around it, and still produced the ridiculous playoff he had, but Drai having ribs is a different thing. Broken rib is something else entirely.

Really emphasizes how much winning the Cup is about luck and injuries as much as anything. Once you are one of the top 4-6 teams that have a legit chance of winning the Cup, the rest is kinda up to circumstance in many ways.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I think everyone suspected that Draisatl was injured. The broken finger was known about I believe.

The McDavid abdominal injury explains a lot. I've been very critical of him (just to myself) about not shooting as often as I believed that he should have. His shot did seem to lack much zip this season and now we know why.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
McDavid was able to work around it, and still produced the ridiculous playoff he had, but Drai having ribs is a different thing. Broken rib is something else entirely.

Really emphasizes how much winning the Cup is about luck and injuries as much as anything. Once you are one of the top 4-6 teams that have a legit chance of winning the Cup, the rest is kinda up to circumstance in many ways.
And depth, there were 2 clear holes that sunk the Oilers in the end that we've all known about for like 2 years.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Ugh whatever you do don’t look at twitter. Gutless panthers fans saying these are excuses.. every team holds off on reporting injuries until they’re eliminated, the Panthers themselves went through the same thing last year.

Just mind blowing that idiot p***yes see this as something to criticize. It’s not an excuse, but it’s admirable what they go through trying to win. But also if Drai was 100% there’s no way we’d lose.

Hope everyone gets the surgeries they need and the rest they need. Jobs not done. Be ready for next season.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Ugh whatever you do don’t look at twitter. Gutless panthers fans saying these are excuses.. every team holds off on reporting injuries until they’re eliminated, the Panthers themselves went through the same thing last year.

Just mind blowing that idiot p***yes see this as something to criticize. It’s not an excuse, but it’s admirable what they go through trying to win. But also if Drai was 100% there’s no way we’d lose.

Hope everyone gets the surgeries they need and the rest they need. Jobs not done. Be ready for next season.
I guess all of those new fans don't remember last year.

gretzkyoilers

Apr 17, 2012
Said it months ago ... McDavid has been playing injured since the 4th game of the season against Winnipeg where he tore his ab muscle. A player like him doesn't go from 64 goals to only 30-ish without a physical impediment.
Yup I said the same. he was not the same player we saw the previous season. This makes his accomplishments in the regular season and playoffs even more remarkable. A healthier McDrai would have had a different outcome.

Lay Z Boy GM

Sep 8, 2010
Vancouver
Said it months ago ... McDavid has been playing injured since the 4th game of the season against Winnipeg where he tore his ab muscle. A player like him doesn't go from 64 goals to only 30-ish without a physical impediment.
Yeah I think for those of us that watched every game, we saw this. You don’t go from 60+ goals to 30 for no reason. It’s insane that he still put up numbers, he’s the best alive and it’s not even close.

I’ve been saying to Nucks fans here in Vancouver all year that he’s not right, I’ve watched almost all of his NHL games and it was obvious.

As good as he was this season he didn’t quite have that extra gear where he’d seemingly score at will, or just do magical shit every single game.

Get better McJesus, hope to see him back better than ever for game 1.

New motto needs to be “jobs not done”. “Cup or bust” was too much lol

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad