Speculation: Players you could see on the block this season

Mad Brills*

Who are some under the radar names that could be traded between now at the trade deadline?

For example, I think the Canucks could trade Virtanen for a haul.

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
I could see the leafs move a few forward prospects for d prospects

Specifically speaking probably kapanen

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Virtanen won't get enough of a haul. He has a pretty meh reputation around the league and I think we'll get significantly more value by having him in the lineup. Not to mention, from a marketing standpoint, trading the BC born PWF would be terrible.

Batrous

May 4, 2016
Well he wouldn't be under the radar but I could see the leafs moving Bozak near the trade deadline if some of their younger centres are playing well enough to make the leafs believe that they are nhl ready.

Perhaps some of their young forward prospects like Kapanen, Brown, Johnson or Leivo for a young defenseman.

Hally BlackWood

Jul 31, 2010
Thunder Bay
Well he wouldn't be under the radar but I could see the leafs moving Bozak near the trade deadline if some of their younger centres are playing well enough to make the leafs believe that they are nhl ready.

Perhaps some of their young forward prospects like Kapanen, Brown, Johnson or Leivo for a young defenseman.

No, Brown isn't going anywhere

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
why would Vancouver trade a young player on an ELC? makes no sense

also he wouldnt get a haul, he'd either get moved 1 for 1 for a similar young player or he'd be packaged for an upgrade.

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
Vancouver needs all the young players it can get. The top line and starter are simply old and in decline. That said, Miller and the Sedins should be considered candidates for a deadline deal. This is especially true if next season goes the same way last season did!
Also, both Sedins would need to be protected in an expansion draft, this might force Canucks into a move. Seriously, why use a protected slot on an aged Sedin with only a year remaining on his contract? I imagine the Canucks double down and extend the Sedins to the length of Eriksson's deal, though. Slow, brittle pacifists are certain to win a cup, right?

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
If Nash rebounds and has a normal season by his standards, I could see him being TDL bait.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Matthews after Luo refuses to give him first overall bonuses on his ELC

Do you really believe this will happen or are you just joking. This would never happen and I'm pretty sure other posters have pointed out that other 1st overall picks ha e been signed in July, august, and September, as well as the leafs have signed there own 1st round picks late in the offseason. In a dream world where this is about to occur lou gets fired and we hire someone else who would give him the money, but that won't happen as lou will be signing him to a normal deal. Its just so early in the offseason, auston matthews will be wearing a toronto maple leaf sweater come October and will continue to do so for many years.

rosscow

Apr 5, 2015

The leafs have tried for the last 2 years to move Bozak. He is not under the table if he gets moved.

Finnish your Czech

J'aime Les offres hostiles
Nov 25, 2009
Toronto
Leafs may be willing to move a couple young forwards if a bunch of them progress well this season causing a logjam.

Talking about Kapanen, Leivo (if he's not a waiver claim), Hyman, Soshnikov, Brown, Leipsic and Lindberg.

KeninsFan

Fire Benning already
Feb 6, 2012
:nucks

Chris Tanev - not a Benning guy
Ryan Miller - rumouredly unhappy with playing for a basement team
Sbisa - Benning tried to deal him for cap space this summer, he'll probably try again when he realizes Sbisa still sucks this year

I'm expecting something stupid like Evander Kane for Chris Tanev

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
If Boston flounders by mid season again, Chara

He has 2 years remaining and his cap hit drops to 4 mil in his final year

I could see a team taking him on for a playoff run this year and deal with whatever decline happens in his final year at a reduced cap hit

Boston would be smart to move him too because they could get more assets to re-tool because if they are struggling by mid season this year, a one year older Chara isnt exactly going to be aiding in turning that team around, but shedding his contract, increasing the team speed (by losing his sluggish skating), and adding more assets will give Boston more free agency money plus whatever they get in trade

Problem is Boston needs to be really honest with themselves about what they can accomplish in the next 2 years and realize keeping Chara is probably not in their best interest. But if Boston is still in the playoff hunt by TDL time, they would never move him. Some teams would rather sneak into the playoffs with no real cup shot as opposed to planning to be a cup contender in a few years and sacrificing the now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad