Places to watch game 7 with a 10 year old

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I am thinking about coming up to Edmonton for game 7 (I live in Regina, Saskatchewan) and watching it with my son, who is 10 years old. I tried getting tickets to the watch party today but it was immediately sold out. I am trying to decide whether to come up or not, and a big deciding factor is where I can watch the game with the kid. Obviously I can't go to a pub or whatever on Whyte Ave or really anywhere that serves alcohol I suppose. I think that leaves me with the outdoor watch parties beside the arena and the Moss Pit. Are there other areas that the game is being shown that would be "kid friendly" that anybody can recommend, indoor or outdoor? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Edit: Just to be clear, I don't know where they are showing it outdoors as well. I know the Moss Pit, and the stage/tent beside the arena, and I think maybe in Churchill Square as well? But I have no idea for other places.

Last edited:

capazzo

Aug 11, 2006
I was there for game four and the fan park seemed pretty good for kids. Lots of family’s. They still serve drinks there, but also have some food trucks and the music vibe.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I don’t know if this is true but I heard that people will be lining up for the Moss pit and fan park starting at 11am.

There’s also probably a lot of kid friendly restaurants that will be showing the game.

Xelebes

Jun 10, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
Chianti's on Whyte is a bit quiet, relative to other places, but if you got kids is a place to watch the game.

Sugar Swing Ballroom (off Whyte by two blocks) is an all-ages venue that is showing the game because they figure its hopeless to go with their regular scheduling.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
I don’t know if this is true but I heard that people will be lining up for the Moss pit and fan park starting at 11am.

There’s also probably a lot of kid friendly restaurants that will be showing the game.

Ugg, that I can't do that, not even close. I can't start lining up until 2pm due to work stuff. Thanks for heads up.

9GWG9

C=NV
Jul 13, 2007
Wherever the boobie girl is 😉. Kidding ugh

If you do make the trip get downtown early. Should be quite a show. Especially after the game! Hold on tight and stay safe.

If not get his friends together and use the gas $ on pizza, high fives and history.

Ol' Jase

Steaming bowls of rich, creamy justice.
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2005
I am thinking about coming up to Edmonton for game 7 (I live in Regina, Saskatchewan) and watching it with my son, who is 10 years old. I tried getting tickets to the watch party today but it was immediately sold out. I am trying to decide whether to come up or not, and a big deciding factor is where I can watch the game with the kid. Obviously I can't go to a pub or whatever on Whyte Ave or really anywhere that serves alcohol I suppose. I think that leaves me with the outdoor watch parties beside the arena and the Moss Pit. Are there other areas that the game is being shown that would be "kid friendly" that anybody can recommend, indoor or outdoor? Any assistance would be appreciated.

Edit: Just to be clear, I don't know where they are showing it outdoors as well. I know the Moss Pit, and the stage/tent beside the arena, and I think maybe in Churchill Square as well? But I have no idea for other places.
Keg Restaurants have the game playing in their lounges and there is no restrictions on ages. Kids are welcome at all hours.

millax

Dec 24, 2005
Campio brewing is near the arena and allows kids. I was there for 2:30 before Game 6 and got a table for 2 without a problem. I saw lots of families coming in with kids around 10. I made a mental note for it being a place I could take my kids before a game. Menu has deep dish pizza and burgers.

There is also a BPs close to the rink that could work.

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie

Sherlock Holmes on Campus was good for game 2 with my kids, they might take a reso too.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010

Rent an airbnb at one of the condo on ice district with a balcony and view of the watch parties

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad